Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors. Early Bird pricing ends February 6, 2018
Shaunavon, Saskatchewan , s0n2m0
REPORTING TO: Executive Director
COLLABORATING WITH: Student Life Director, regarding student issues
Rock Solid Refuge is a 12-month, biblically-based residential program for 13 – 18-year-old teen boys with life-controlling issues. This program encompasses spiritual, academic, and vocational training to equip students to return to society as responsible citizens. Rock Solid Refuge is on a farm setting, 34 km northeast of Shaunavon, Saskatchewan.
We are seeking an on-site Counsellor to work daily with our students as well as working alongside our Director team in creating the counselling role and program within Rock Solid’s boundaries.
· The Counselor will represent Jesus Christ through servant leadership by implementing biblical precepts, scripture, and prayer in daily life and counsel. This requires the pursuit of God through interpersonal relationships, accountability, regular church attendance, and consistent personal development.
· The Counselor is primarily responsible for providing single session support for the students on site, including but not limited to, assessments; treatment plans; and individual, group, and family counselling.
· The Counselor takes part in staff meetings and acts as the students’ Case Manager to aid in their overall treatment. The Counselling Director is an advocate for the students, communicating with parents, staff, and outside agencies.
· Applicant should be creative, client-focused, and interested in helping with program development.
· Base hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., 5 days/week, averaging 45 hours/week (schedule adjusts to allow for two work Saturdays a month); on-call rotation; additional work hours, as required
· Two-year contract, required
· Salary determined by education and experience
· Personal relationship with Christ from an Evangelical point of view
· Professional and personal references
· An understanding of integrating
the Christian faith in relating to youth
· Bachelor’s degree in counselling or social service field
· Preferably with a license in counselling
· Preferably, experience working with at-risk youth
· Must pass all background checks
· Prioritize single session meetings with each of 10 – 12 students for one hour, weekly
· Provide individual, parent, family, and group therapy to the students, as needed
· Be on call for crisis assistance and to issue suicide watch precautions, when necessary
· Provide educational opportunities for staff (such as training sessions) etc.
Case Management Responsibilities
· Secure proper student documentation prior to entrance to the program
· Advocate for the students
· Attend weekly staff meetings and provide input
· Coordinate with outside resources
· Write summaries for exit recommendations
· Coordinate with staff on the intake/exit process
· Attend annual Family Camp and be available for conversations with parents and families
· Perform any other duties assigned by the Executive Director or Student Life Director, including participation in student activities such as swimming, hiking, camping, retreats, service projects, games, special events
Posted Under: Counselling
Career ID: [ 4557 ]