The Family Life Centre is hosting a Marriage Preparation course for engaged couples. Registered Psychotherapists Wilma and Stephen will be walking couples through the assessments along with talking about a number of related topics.
Toronto, Ontario , M8Y 3J1
Christ Church St. James is seeking to fill the vacancy of part-time Youth Minister. CCSJ is a vibrant evangelical Anglican parish in the growing west-end of Toronto. CCSJ's ministries are primarily outreach-based, serving the marginalized and those disconnected from traditional church. This includes a food bank that services up to 500 people per month.
The leadership of CCSJ is looking for someone with a heart for young people and passion to see them grow in their faith, to lead a youth group for teens in Grade 6-12 (ages 12-18).
The Youth Minister will be part of CCSJ's ministry team, and will report to the incumbent or to the missional leader.
The selected Candidate will bring with them a vision for a program that will fulfill the needs of both current and future youth at CCSJ. Some of the ways they may be able to accomplish this are as follows:
- Youth group during church on Sundays plus a social event each month
- Weekly afternoon or evening gatherings
- Continued work on creating opportunity for intergenerational relationships and ministry
- Willingness to be involved in summer camp, and heading up the fundraising initiatives necessary to facilitate the youths attendance at camp
- Utilizing various types of social media to ensure continuous and active involvement in the lives of young adults at CCSJ
- Establishing or being involved in outreach ministry to teens in the neighbourhood
- Networking with other Youth Ministers in the area
- Several years of youth ministry experience
- Some level of theological education preferred
- Organized self-starter who can work with minimum supervision
- Ability to connect with and minister to teenagers
- Desire to share the Gospel with teenagers
- Able to organize and schedule weekly gatherings/events/activities
- Able to organize weekend retreats
Depending on the candidate's availability, there is some flexibility in the number of hours required - typically between 10 and 20 hrs/week. Remuneration will be based on candidate's experience and qualifications.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 4565 ]