Registered Early Childhood Educator
Registered Early Childhood Educator
Markham, Ontario , L3R 6G3
Peoples Christian Academy Early Learning Centre is a Christian daycare in an established reputable school that is expanding the preschool to accomodate community demand. We are looking for experienced, passionate, creative, Registered Early Childhood Educators (RECE) to work with a diverse team of early learning and care providers, who are passionate about working with children and families and willing to take initiative and work within a team dynamic within our centre.
1. Planning, implementing and evaluating age appropriate programs to enhance the children’s development in the different areas within the team using the ELECT program requirements and working knowledge of "How Does Learning Happen? Ontario's Pedagogy for the Early Years".
2. Promoting and enhancing creativity within all areas of programming – creative, sensory, dramatic play, cognitive, music, science, fine/gross motor skills.
3. Implementing of observations and assessments of children’s development within their written reports.
4. Ensuring the safety and well-being of the children within the centre.
5. Nurturing working relationships with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds in our centre.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills and verbal/written communication skills to ensure positive communication with parents, co-workers and community members.
7. Effective problem solving strategies with conflict and resolution styles while providing supervision and guidance to the children.
8. Experience working with children with special needs is an asset.
Each employee at PCA ELC must have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Saviour and believe that the Bible is God’s Word and standard for faith and daily living. The employee shall be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions towards others. He/she shall be a member in good standing at a local evangelical church that has a statement of faith in agreement with PCA Statement of Faith and Statement of Core Family Values. He/she shall be in wholehearted agreement with the center’s Statement of Faith and Christian philosophy of education. He/she shall have the spiritual maturity, academic ability, and personal leadership qualities to teach and guide children in accordance with the Bible.
Employees of PCA ELC must be able to observe, hear, and respond to the needs of children and emergencies or conflicts that might occur in a classroom, on the playground, and in common areas. Employees must have the ability to lift children of up to thirty pounds from the floor to waist high; to crouch to a child’s height and maintain eye contact at a child’s level; to sit on the floor; to stand tall enough to reach children on play equipment; and to determine and communicate cognitive, social, and physical needs of children orally and in writing in the English language.
1. Member of the College of Early Childhood Educators in good standing.
2. Working knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act and ELECT programming and How Does Learning Happen? Ontario's Pedagogy for the Early Years.
3. Excellent knowledge of child development.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Strong organizational skills, self-control, tact and sound judgment.
6. Current Standard First Aid and CPR – Level C.
7. Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Scan.
8. Updated immunization report including a 2-step TB test and required immunizations.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only e-mailed applications will be accepted. No telephone inquiries, please.
Please also note that while we appreciate your interest in the role, only applicants who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 4571 ]