Welland, Ontario , L3B 1J2
We are offering a two-year internship for a student currently enrolled in Bible College or Seminary that will enable the student to gain ministry experience while continuing to pursue theological education. Although the Intern will assist the Lead Pastor in a variety of ministry activities, we are specifically looking for someone who has the gifting and ability to lead the congregation in musical worship and to assist in youth ministry.
Rosedale Baptist Church is a congregation of approximately 100 people located in the Niagara Region. We are a member congregation of the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptists in Canada, and are affiliated with the Gospel Coalition.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preach up to four times/ year
- Lead musical worship up to two times/ month and attend worship practice (Intern must be an experienced musician with previous experience and gifting in this area of ministry)
- Lead or co-lead the Junior High Youth ministry.
- Be directly involved in hospital, seniors/ shut-ins and newcomer visitation and other visitation as required
- Opportunities to observe Elders’ meetings and Deacon’s meetings
- Meet weekly with mentor for input, direction, encouragement and to evaluate progress (The mentor who will supervise this Internship has an MDiv from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School and an MA from McGill University, Faculty of Religious Studies)
- Complete up to four Seminary or Bible College courses per year
Qualifications and Skills
- Currently enrolled in a Seminary or Bible College program (preferably in Southern Ontario)
- Willingness to serve within a Reformed Baptist context
- Must be able to affirm our Statement of Faith (can be viewed on our website - www.rosedalebaptistwelland.com)
The Church will pay a portion of the Intern's tuition in addition to the Intern's salary.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 4597 ]