The Family Life Centre is hosting a Marriage Preparation course for engaged couples. Registered Psychotherapists Wilma and Stephen will be walking couples through the assessments along with talking about a number of related topics.
Saint Catharines, Ontario , L2N 2E8
Global Outreach Mission, Inc. is an interdenominational evangelical mission organization committed to the expression of Jesus’ teachings through medical services, education, communitydevelopment, and spiritual discipleship. We exist to see the gospel of Jesus Christ shared throughout the whole world. We are a missionary sending agency whose purpose it is to facilitate the local North American church in sending those who are “called” to overseas missionary service. Our vision is to facilitate the vision of our missionaries.
The successful candidate will exhibit Christ-like character, be a team player and reflects the love of Christ in the fulfilment of our mission in “leading people into a relationship with Jesus Christ and following him passionately.”
This position is based on a 30-37.5 hour work week.
Reporting to the VP Personnel, the incumbent will provide executive assistance in the development and execution of recruitment and HR functions and initiatives.
The HR Administrator will be responsible for first line customer service and office administration for the department. The HR Administrator will manage and maintain the Recruitment and HR database and streamline these processes where possible. The successful candidate is detail oriented, has an elevated level of customer service, and is proactive as he/she takes initiative to improve the functioning of the department.
Key Job Functions:
- Actively maintain the recruitment and HR database and improve on processes where possible
- Provide a high level of customer service by phone, email, mail and in person.
- Manage recruitment inquiries received
- Manage and expand organizational website presence
- With guidance from VP Personnel, develop and update job descriptions and opportunity postings
- Administer organizational training events
- Provide support to recruiting team on various projects
- Prepare official documentation for employees such as “letters of employment,” etc.
- Oversee the production and ordering of promotional materials as needed
- Perform other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) well with various levels of the organization
- Proven ability to build positive relationships and work collaboratively
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in MS Office and able to learn other software
- Some experience in desktop publishing and/or graphic design
- Detail and systems-oriented
- Excellent listening skills and customer service skills
- Resourceful and able to proactively anticipate needs and provide solutions
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources, Administration or similar field
- Experience with HRIS database or similar databases
- Demonstrated experience in customer service-oriented field
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer programs/applications
- Christian Faith: Have a solid and vibrant Christian faith
- Church Involvement: A positive relationship with a recognized church and regular attendance
- Ministry Experience: Have a solid background and understanding of Christian ministry (3-5 years)
- Education: relevant university or college education
- Is flexible in a team environment and is a team player
- Able to work independently and strongly self-motivated
- Strong command of the English language (both written and oral)
- Affinity for working in a small-sized non-profit, charitable environment
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 4620 ]