Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Camp Assistant Director
Camp Assistant Director
Toronto, Ontario , M4P3C8
Camp Assistant Director (30 hours/week for 6 weeks Jul 6 – Aug 16)
Are you interested in leading a team of interns in working with children, youth, and adults with special needs and their siblings? The Special Needs Camp Assistant Director position is an opportunity for you to gain hands-on experience in mentoring interns as they develop a program for a diverse group of individuals with special needs at Camp Eulogia (retreat for families with special needs)and their siblings. You will be involved in organizing home visits, program development, and training. Flexible availability required some weekends.
- Passion and experience working with families with special needs
- Experience working with parents/guardians, children/adults who have special needs, and recruiting volunteers
- Experience working in a summer camp setting
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Slack, Email, Dropbox, Social Media
- Vulnerable Sector Check (valid for 3 years)
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Fluent in English
- Functional Cantonese and/or Mandarin an asset
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Preferred field of profession: teaching , therapeutic recreation, ECE, disability studies, social work, disability support worker
- Support Program Director regarding policies and procedures
- Recruit, supervise, support, and mentor summer intern team for family summer retreat (Camp Eulogia)
- Facilitate opportunities for program development, ministry leadership, and community outreach through field studies and home visits
- Coordinate and supervise camp programs for siblings and children/adults with special needs at family retreat in the summer
- Attend monthly Village Eulogia leadership team meetings and facilitate weekly meetings with interns
- Provide individual and team mentorship for summer interns
- Lead CPI training and certification
- Develop safety plans for campers (as needed)
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 25, 2020. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 4651 ]