The Family Life Centre is hosting a Marriage Preparation course for engaged couples. Registered Psychotherapists Wilma and Stephen will be walking couples through the assessments along with talking about a number of related topics.
Children's Program Coordinator
Children's Program Coordinator
Toronto, Ontario , M4P 3C8
Purpose of Position: To ignite a desire for a genuine relationship with Christ and to help equip the parents, children, youth and young adults with special needs and their siblings to grow in their faith. Provide opportunities for ministry leadership, outreach to the community, and connection to mission fields. Teach Christian discipleship and encourage a Biblical-based lifestyle among the families of children and young adults with special needs and their siblings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Child and youth program development for Village Eulogia all year around.
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate the monthly group respite program for individuals with special needs and their siblings (ages 6 and up).
- Co-facilitate training and volunteer orientation with Volunteer Coordinator.
- Monthly Village Eulogia leadership team meetings (2-3 hours a month) and supplementary meetings.
- Support the Program Director regarding policies and procedures.
- Develop a collaborative relationship with volunteers.
- Supervise, support, and mentor interns for Camp Eulogia.
- Pray for the staff, volunteers and the families.
- Demonstrate a positive and friendly attitude with the parents and the participants of the respite program.
- Report needs and concerns to the Program Director.
- Store and replenish needed supplies for programming.
- Report damaged equipment or safety hazards to the Program Director.
- Follow child-to-teacher ratios when scheduling volunteers to serve.
- All other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Spiritual Level: Moderate - Mature
Spiritual Gifts: Have a passion to work with those with special needs. Compassion, encouragement, administration, teaching.
Application: To apply, please send resume with a cover letter outlining relevant training and experience to Timothy Myland by email (email@example.com).
The Successful Candidate Will Possess the Following Qualifications: Programming experience for group respite and/or multi-age children programs. Relates well to children and young adults with special needs, parents, guardians, and volunteers. Supervisory experience. First Aid and CPR certified. A vulnerable sector check that is valid within the past 6 months. Dependable, friendly, enthusiastic, creative, organized. Preferred field of profession: teaching, therapeutic recreation, ECE, disability studies, social work, disability support worker, etc. Fluency in multiple languages is an asset.
Time Commitment: This is a half-time position of 18 hours per week.
Remuneration: The salary of this position is determined based on education and experience and is 100% funded on a missionary basis—requiring the successful applicant to fundraise and gather a personal support team.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 4651 ]