The Family Life Centre is hosting a Marriage Preparation course for engaged couples. Registered Psychotherapists Wilma and Stephen will be walking couples through the assessments along with talking about a number of related topics.
Director of Worship Ministries
Director of Worship Ministries
Elmvale, Ontario , L0L1P0
To provide leadership to the Worship Ministry of Elmvale Community Church.
- The worship director will oversee and coordinate all the details that a worship service at Elmvale Community Church encompasses.
- The worship director is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision.
- This position is pastoral in nature and therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him demonstrated through regular prayer, Bible study and worship attendance.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Elmvale Community Church.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader.
DESIRED ABILITIES, SKILLS, & TEMPERAMENTS:
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the Worship Ministry and congregation.
- Excellent relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading people in worship.
- A self-starter who is a team player with a positive attitude.
- A continual learner who stays current with worship music and trends.
- Skilled in vocal and instrumental music.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as lead worshiper for Elmvale Community Church’s worship services.
- Provide ongoing care for the members of the Worship Ministry.
- Select music for weekly worship service, in consultation with the Lead Pastor.
- Build and develop a strong worship team or teams, so that one or two team members are confident and able to lead Sunday worship services.
- Practice in advance of Sunday service with selected team.
- Oversee the Worship Ministry budget and volunteers.
- Utilize productivity software to select proper lyrics for A/V team in advance of Sunday morning (Planning Center Online or otherwise).
- Report to CCLI usage of songs on a regular (monthly) basis.
- Expand the Worship Ministry through other related worship functions (monthly worship nights, worship team try-outs, worship team training events, etc…)
- Recruit replacement worship leader(s) In the event that the Worship Director is absent with a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice.
- Set annual goals for the Worship Ministry that are in line with our vision and evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
- Reports directly to Lead Pastor and regularly to Overseer’s Board.
- Prepare monthly reports for the Overseer’s Board regarding vision, accomplishments, and needs of the Worship Ministry.
- 10-12 hours per week.
- Rate of hourly pay negotiable.
- Part-time salaried position.
- 1 year contract, self-renewing.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 4656 ]