The Family Life Centre is hosting a Marriage Preparation course for engaged couples. Registered Psychotherapists Wilma and Stephen will be walking couples through the assessments along with talking about a number of related topics.
Part Time Homework Club Teacher
Part Time Homework Club Teacher
Toronto, Ontario , M2M 2L4
Mission and Values Statement
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charitable movement, active in over 128 countries worldwide. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Mission of The Salvation Army is to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs, and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. This is expressed in spiritual ministry, and also by a wide variety of social services, which are extended without discrimination as to race or creed.
There are three Core Values of our Faith: Salvation, Holiness, and Intimacy with God.
Rooted in these three values are the seven core operational values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada & Bermuda Territory.
Compassion: We reach out to others and care for them.
Respect: We promote the dignity of all persons.
Excellence: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy and accountable.
Relevance: We are committed to the pursuit of innovation and effectiveness.
Co-operation: We encourage and foster teamwork and partnerships.
Celebration: We give thanks by marking milestones and successes.
The powerful mission and core values of The Salvation Army serve as significant attractors for those people who choose to join the organization, which has been serving the under-served and evolving for 150 years.
POSITION PURPOSE SUMMARY: The Homework Club is one of many programs offered by The Salvation Army North York Temple to provide children with help with their school homework.
- Monitor and supervise children/students
- Organize sign-in/sign-out sheets and track attendance
- Organize and monitor breaks (i.e. play games, sports)
- Open in prayer in classroom
- Ensure rules of classroom and building are known, and that they understood and followed by students
- Ensure any and all equipment owned by The Salvation Army and general usage of the building is treated with respect
- Provide supervision, structure and organization of classroom
- Check school agendas of every student to assess homework assignments
- Provide instruction and assist children on their homework assignments
- Check and explain incorrect homework and assignments to children and monitor the corrections made
- Provide one-on-one instruction in the classroom to children having difficulty with assignments or subjects
- Research and provide extra work and material for students when homework is completed
- Supervise the volunteers and give guidance and instruction for their roles in the classroom
- Strive for an enriched environment where the child's needs are being met mentally, physically and spiritually
- Give spiritual support when needed
- Promote an environment of openness, freedom of communication, collaboration, and positivity
- Update parents on any concerns over homework
- Ensure classroom and all facilities/equipment used by the program are tidy before leaving
- High School graduate
- Previous experience and/or education in working with children an asset
- Understand and work in accordance with the Mission Statement of The Salvation Army
- Excellent time management, organization skills (multi-tasking, working well under pressure), communication/interpersonal skills
- Clear Police Background Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Internal Abuse Registry Check
- On line Armatus abuse training
HOURS: 12.5 hours per week
SALARY: $11.60 - $15.50 per hour
Interested applicants are asked to contact Jacqueline Kim by December 31, 2017
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 4665 ]