The Family Life Centre is hosting a Marriage Preparation course for engaged couples. Registered Psychotherapists Wilma and Stephen will be walking couples through the assessments along with talking about a number of related topics.
Church Resources Associate
Church Resources Associate
Etobicoke, Ontario , M9W 6H3
About Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec
Based in Etobicoke, Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec (CBOQ) equips churches and leaders as they engage in their mission from God in their community. Our vision is to be a family of churches, transformed by Christ, revealing God’s kingdom. Comprised of about 350 churches, CBOQ is training, equipping and caring for pastors. We are helping to plant fresh expressions of faith, strengthening existing churches and connecting them with the tools and opportunities they need to thrive. We are serving the next generation by creating resources and experiences for young people and their leaders to expand their love of God and love of each other. We’re telling our churches’ stories to encourage and inspire them, building up our whole family through the good news of what Christ is accomplishing through us. We are privileged to journey together with our member churches and associations as we serve Christ together.
The Church Resources Associate is part of the Church Life and Leadership Team. The overall mandate of this team is to equip and enhance the capacity of church leaders to build and disciple thriving congregations.
Under the supervision of the Director of Church Life and Leadership, the Church Resources Associate role focuses on providing resources and services to equip all areas of church life (community, worship, formation and mission). This is a permanent full-time position that supervises other staff.
- Leadership - Works well with a wide range of individuals to provide support, coaching, encouragement and direction.
- Results Orientation – Demonstrates a focus on finishing all tasks in a timely manner while taking complete ownership of tasks.
- Innovative - Able to think creatively to develop new solutions that meet current and future needs.
- Service Orientation - Strives for excellence, delivering the highest quality care and resources possible to those we serve.
- Networking and Relationship Building – Effectively builds constructive, friendly, professional relationships and networks of key contacts with people and colleagues, maintains partnerships that can provide information, assistance and support.
- Accountability - Takes ownership of personal workload, as well as the workload of employees under his/her direction.
- Communication - Expresses and shares information with consistency and clarity (oral and written).
- Live out CBOQ's mission, vision, and values
- Develop and deliver resources related to congregational initiatives focused in the areas of community, worship, formation and mission, including but not limited to: evangelism/outreach; worship; spiritual formation (Christian Education, small groups, discipleship, spiritual gift inventory); vision/planning; stewardship; membership/baptism; justice/community development and service; recruitment; retention and deployment of volunteers; conflict resolution; marriage and family life
- With the Director of Church Life and Leadership, develop and deliver resources that will assist churches to articulate and live out the mission to which God is calling them.
- Develop and deliver transition and relocation resources for churches in pastoral transition.
- Develop and deliver resources and coaching for those churches that have discerned that their time of mission and ministry is drawing to a close.
- Recruit, equip and mobilize people to help develop and deliver these resources.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide feedback, coaching and formal evaluations
- A mature faith in Jesus Christ and a commitment to serve through the church
- Commitment to the mission, faith and core values of CBOQ
- Experience as an ordained pastor in a local church, with a preference for those with CBOQ experience.
- Demonstrated success with leading, coaching and development of pastors, lay leaders, employees and others
- Demonstrated sound planning, prioritization and execution skills
- Experience in Christian leadership development and training
- Preferred Master's level degree, with ministry/theological emphasis
- Will become, or is currently a member of, a local CBOQ congregation
- Ability to travel in the CBOQ constituency and more widely as required to represent CBOQ
Qualified candidates may apply by January 11, 2018 to Melody Currier at firstname.lastname@example.org
All candidates whose training, experience, aptitudes and adaptability meet the requirements for the job will be considered. CBOQ welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 4668 ]