Huntsville, Ontario , P1H2J3
Make a difference in the life of a young person this summer and join a fun and affirming community of passionate Christ followers.
Cabin Leader Description
Camp Widjiitiwin is looking for passionate cabin leaders to lead groups of 8-10 campers through a week of exciting activities and games and biblical teaching. Partnership with organizations in Ontario provides opportunities to network with other leaders working vocationally in ministry and social service.
SALT Cabin Leader Description
- Reports to SALT Director
- Lead a cabin of teen campers through spiritual disciplines, adventure and art
- Teach biblical leadership studies, team building and life skills
SALT is a 4-week Skills And Leadership Training program for campers ages 14-17. It incorporates adventure and creativity with outdoor activites and creative experession. It includes an out-trip, worship project and opportunities to serve with the campers in local charities. As a SALT leader, it is important to be spiritually mature, able to lead Bible Studies, and to be quick to respond in important situations.
A typical day at Camp Widjiitiwin includes:
- Waking up to morning monkeys - our morning fun activity to get campers moving and excited about the day
- Instructing morning activities
- Running a cabin devotional
- Running an Elective activity
- Memorizing Scripture
- Free Swim and the Blob
- Chasing kids around the field in an afternoon game or theme day special
- Camp-wide evening games like Mission Impossible and Widji Basketball
- Battle of the Ends or Guys/Girls Night
Relevant Skills include but are not limited to:
- A desire to work with children
- Biblical Knowledge
- Swim Qualifications
- Instructor level certifications ie. Ropes, Archery etc...
- Social Worker and psych training
Widjiitiwin uses a merit-based system that ensures a minimum pay dependant on role, but also improves your pay based on your relevant skills and experience. This means that no matter where in the organization you work, you will make roughly the same amount of money.
In addition to room and board, a Bible College student can expect to make about $1000+ take home, less relevant taxes in 2 months. We pay bi-weekly with direct deposit.
Why work at Widji?
In addition to room and board and compensation, you will receive certain perks from working at Widji:
- 20% off in the MBC Christian bookstore and the HUB
- Up to 25% off of tuition at Heritage Bible College
- Opportunities for year-round ministry with our Ignite partners
To apply and find More info go to www.mycamp.ca/work-at-widji
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 4711 ]