Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors. Early Bird pricing ends February 6, 2018
Grimsby, Ontario , L3M 1EM
Brief Job Description
Centennial Park Baptist Church is providing an opportunity for a godly person to learn about church and pastoral ministry through involvement in specific ministries, leadership meetings and purposeful interactions with the congregation, ministry leaders, pastoral staff and deacons.
This is a one year full-time contract position ( Jan 1, 2018 –Dec. 31, 2018)
Remuneration shall be established by the Board of Management & Finance
Role and Responsible
Occasionally, speaking Sunday Morning and Evening and at other church events
Worship Service participation
Participate in staff meetings
Participation in discipling and small group ministries
• Oversees all programming, curriculum and ministry for elementary school children and junior high and high school youth. This includes Sunday mornings, midweek programs, youth events, summer programming, outreach programs and youth mission projects
• Assists the Board of CE and ministry leaders with recruitment of volunteers within the scope of Christian Education. Screening is to be done in concert with the Child Protection Coordinator, who handles all police checks.
• Trains, schedules and leads teams of child and youth ministry volunteers
• Attends meetings of the Board of Christian Education and provides monthly activity and financial reports
• Draws up a budget for child & youth ministries and submits to the Board of Christian Education in October
• Adheres to the CPBC Child Protection Policy
• Prepares communications related to child & youth ministries for inclusion in the weekly bulletin, church calendar, children’s ministry web site and other venues as appropriate
• Maintains accurate lists of child & youth ministry volunteers and participants, and generates reports as requested
• Performs other ministry and pastoral duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
Accountability to: Senior Pastor
Qualifications and Education:
Know and love Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour of your life – having put your faith and trust fully in Him.
A pastoral or Christian Education track student or graduate of either college or seminary, who is looking for ministry experience in a significant way.
Spiritual, emotional, social maturity.
Work well as part of a team.
Be flexible and have a positive attitude.
Be prepared to be challenged on many levels.
Have a strong desire to grow in your knowledge of God and your commitment and service to Him.
Agree and adhere to the Statement of Faith of Centennial Park Baptist Church
Rev. Dana A. Brown
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 4720 ]