Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors. Early Bird pricing ends February 6, 2018
Oakville, Ontario , L6H5S4
Health Partners International of Canada (HPIC) is a not-for-profit relief and development organization dedicated to improving access to medicine and enhancing health in the developing world. HPIC contributes to well-being by providing donated essential medicines and supplies and responding to emergencies and health threats. We partner with a network of non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and healthcare professionals as well as with pharmaceutical and healthcare product companies.
HPIC is expanding its programs and its outreach and is seeking individuals interested in committing to a mission where they will be given the opportunity to develop and advance.
The Manager of Operations supports HPIC’s mission by assisting the Director of Operations with the overall functioning and management of the warehouse including compliance with industry standards and respecting procedures. Other key responsibilities include managing the bulk shipment program, relationships with NGO partners, advancing the pharmaceutical management program and promoting HPIC’s programs.
- Manage HPIC’s NGO Program -- sending bulk shipments to partner community health projects in vulnerable communities around the world.
- Developing new partnerships while consolidating and expanding existing ones.
- Assist in all aspects of distribution center operations.
- Support the Director of Operations in developing HPIC’s pharmaceutical management program.
- Represent HPIC and promote its mission and programs among its priority target audiences.
- Maintain regular contact with NGO partners, send out product offer lists, build shipments and ensure proper reporting and contributions are received.
- Work with warehouse staff to ensure that all necessary paperwork is prepared and the donated products are shipped on time.
- Develop a good level of understanding of GMP processes and prepare for inspections by ensuring compliance with Health Canada guidelines.
- Develop a competency in pharmaceutical management to assist the Director of Operations.
- Attend conferences, events and undertake other initiatives to promote HPIC's mission and programs and to make new partner contacts;
- Provide support and/or fill-in for warehouse staff.
- Education: college diploma and/or a bachelor’s degree;
- Experience: 3-5 years of relevant experience in project management or operations/logistics;
- Familiarity or experience working in a non-profit environment, an asset.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written. Working knowledge of French, an asset;
- Experience writing proposal and reports, a definite asset;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular with Excel and MS Project;
- Experienced or familiar preparing warehouse shipments and operating warehouse equipment such as a forklift;
- Detail-oriented and capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively within established deadlines.
- Resourceful and good problem-solving acumen.
- Highly effective team player with the ability to build good relations both internally and externally.
- Committed to the values and mission of the organisation and creative in supporting that mission.
The salary is commensurate with background and experience. The position is open to individuals legally entitled to work in Canada. The work site is located in Oakville, Ontario.
Please e-mail your resume and a cover letter by January 8, 2018 to email@example.com with the subject line Manager, Operations.
HPIC thanks you for your interest in this position, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 4742 ]