Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors. Early Bird pricing ends February 6, 2018
Manager, Donor Relations - Ontario
Manager, Donor Relations - Ontario
Oakville, Ontario , L6H5S4
Health Partners International of Canada (HPIC) is a not-for-profit relief and development organization dedicated to improving access to medicine and enhancing health in the developing world. HPIC contributes to well-being by providing donated essential medicines and supplies and responding to emergencies and health threats. We partner with a network of non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and healthcare professionals as well as with pharmaceutical and healthcare product companies.
HPIC is expanding its programs and its outreach and is seeking individuals interested in committing to a mission where they will be given the opportunity to develop and advance.
The Manager, Donor Relations - Ontario is responsible for donor development, cultivation and retention activities in Ontario as well as for the strategic and regular management of HPIC’s volunteer program at its Distribution Centre in Oakville.
- Provide leadership and oversight in re-designing HPIC’s volunteer program in Ontario so that it aligns with the organization’s strategic goals to increase engagement and support among pharma employees and other key stakeholders.
- Support the Director of Donor Relations by carrying out fundraising activities and donor cultivation and retention strategies in the GTHA.
- Handle the day-to-day administration, management and ongoing development of HPIC’s volunteer program including scheduling pharma volunteer days, supporting volunteer teams and providing appropriate statistics, reporting and follow-up;
- Manage volunteer recognition activities and training, as required;
- Regularly review and ensure policies and procedures related to volunteers are followed, in particular those that relate to privacy, safety and security;
- Identify prospects in Ontario with an interest in international aid and/or health related programs;
- Prepare and deliver presentations of HPIC’s work and mission to prospective supporters;
- Initiate and/or develop relationships among groups such as churches, healthcare associations, service clubs, and companies to increase awareness, stimulate support or consolidate existing funding;
- Organize events to solidify partnerships and reinforce relations with product or financial donors;
- Coordinate meetings with donors for the President and other key staff as well as donor visits to the Distribution Centre, when appropriate;
- In collaboration with the Programs team, present funding proposals to donors or foundations;
- Support the Communications Director by preparing content for use on HPIC’s website and social media channels.
- Education: college diploma and/or a bachelor’s degree in fundraising, communications, marketing, preferred;
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience in volunteer management, donor development or related field;
- Exposure to donor recognition best practices, experience with nonprofit management and donor contact, and sales experience, definite assets;
- Strong communication skills -- both oral and written -- and presentation skills;
- Detail-oriented, organized and capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively within deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited direction, self-directed;
- Highly effective team player with the ability to build good relations both internally and externally;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular with Word and Excel;
- Experience working on social media platforms, creating text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers;
- Committed to the values and mission of the organisation and creative in supporting that mission.
The salary is commensurate with background and experience. The position is open to individuals legally entitled to work in Canada. It is a permanent position open to applicants interested in a part-time or full-time position (hours ranging from 22.5-37.5/week).
Please e-mail your resume and a cover letter by January 8, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Manager, Donor Relations - Ontario.
HPIC thanks you for your interest in this position, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 4743 ]