Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors. Early Bird pricing ends February 6, 2018
Administrative Assistant - Global Development
Administrative Assistant - Global Development
Guelph, Ontario , N1H 6T9
The Gideons International In Canada is seeking an administrator with proven experience in administration as a Personal/Administrative Assistant. This individual is a key member of the Global Development Department within the Gideon organization and must have a passion to see God’s Word distributed in Canada and worldwide.
The Gideons International In Canada (TGIC) is an organization of vibrant, passionate men and women who seek to encourage and equip believers and churches to reach their communities and the world with the gospel through the sharing of God’s Word. Established in 1911, the 105-year old ministry has rapidly transformed itself for growth and global impact.
TGIC continues to create innovative ways of reaching more people with the gospel, using tools like the NewLife app (newlife.bible), creating Scripture magazines like Hope, Light and Redemption, and launching a youth arm called SendMe (sendme.ca). In August 2015, TGIC launched their international brand, ShareWord Global. ShareWord Global serves as the ministry’s international arm, extending the ministry’s passion to reach the lost all over the world. For more information, please visit www.gideons.ca.
Revenues: $10 Million
The Global Development Administrator supports the VP of Global Development who leads a dynamic team of individuals that are responsible for delivering ministry programs on a global scale. The Global Development Department facilitates the organization’s international ministry and fundraising arm.
Job Type: Full time (5 days a week) at TGIC Head Office in Guelph, Ontario.
Reports to: Vice President of Global Development
Who We Are Looking For
We are seeking a highly energetic and gifted individual to join us in the Global Development Department. The candidate must be highly detail oriented, extremely organized, have the ability to manage and distribute information and be administratively minded. This individual will be responsible for a variety of duties, including but not limited to: administrative support for the VP of Global Development, administrative coordination for Department projects and international ministry trips, processing and compiling weekly reporting on all Department activities, coordinating resource inventory and administrative tasks supporting the participant & ministry engagement process. Excellence in customer service is valued and pertinent in all activities.
The Global Development Administrator’s primary responsibility is to assist and support the VP of Global Development and the Global Development Department administratively. The responsibilities may vary, but include the following:
-Provide administrative support for the VP of Global Development:
- Booking and coordinating travel arrangements.
- Calendar management and booking appointments & meetings.
- Planning and scheduling for VP as required.
- Managing weekly Department Reports.
- Receiving phone calls, taking messages and providing assistance with email correspondence.
-Providing administrative support to Global Development Team as required.
-Assisting with the coordination of international ministry trips, including the preparation of trip materials, processing team member applications & required documents and booking travel.
-Administrative duties including:
- Preparing and submitting data and reports.
- Project coordination and administration as directed.
- Preparing agreements and project documents as required.
- Data Entry, filing, data organization, and managing Department reports.
- Organization of department materials, brochures and media.
- Managing agendas and taking minutes for meetings as required.
- Devising and maintaining process management systems as required.
- Coordinating flow of information and data to coordinators, leaders and VP.
-Liaising and facilitating cross-communication with other Departments.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- A working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of Apple computers & software an asset.
- Database software such as customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
- Extremely organized and driven by perfecting details.
- Experience putting organizational processes and systems in place to support a vision or goal.
- Ability to craft email communications for various audiences and Department activities and initiatives.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a collaborative, cross-departmental team.
- Goal and outcome oriented.
- Knowledge of project coordination & administration.
- Thrive in supporting many projects and team members at once, while ensuring excellence in all.
- 2-3 years demonstrated administrative ability in a business or non-profit environment.
- Proven experience in project coordination, and a team mentality in accomplishing objectives.
- Post Secondary Education, Office Administration/Assistant diploma, and Project Management certification an asset.
The Gideons International In Canada is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and identify with our Statement of Faith and the mission of The Gideons. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits.
To apply, email email@example.com with resume and a cover letter.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 4749 ]