Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors. Early Bird pricing ends February 6, 2018
Leadership Studio Hospitality Manager
Leadership Studio Hospitality Manager
Rosseau, Ontario , P0C 1J0
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience FOR a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and across Ontario through our CITYCAMP program. We specialize in summer camp, day camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
Job Title: Hospitality Manager
Reports to: Leadership Studio Director
Employment Status: 1 year contract
Location: Based out of our Resort in Rosseau, ON
At Muskoka Woods, we believe leadership is about moving forward with thoughtful and positive impact. We also believe it is an important character trait to develop at all ages and stages of life. The Leadership Studio provides transformative team building programs for corporations, organizations, schools and churches in the fall, winter and spring and an inspiring space for our CEO student leadership program in the summer. We are looking to hire a Hospitality Manager to provide Leadership Studio guest groups with the operational support needed to provide a seamless guest experience.
Key Result Areas:
Oversee all Operational Requirements
- Organize, supervise and participate in maintaining the Studio and Lodge indoor and outdoor environments through routine inspection, reporting, resetting, shoveling, cleaning and repair of the building, adjacent walks, grounds and equipment.
- Schedule ongoing inspection, cleaning and repair of equipment, fireplaces and spaces and ensure that all necessary supplies (firewood, coffee, dish soap, cleaning supplies, office and art supplies etc.) are in stock
- Organize and participate in cutting grass, maintaining walkways and the landscape adjacent to Studio and Lodge.
- Manage and supervise summer Studio meetings and meal requests (including CEO graduation, President Dinners, Alumni Dessert)
- Track number of guests, guest meals, and room usage.
- Oversee interns, schedule staff and communicate accordingly.
- Coordinate and communicate with Housekeeping and Maintenance Departments as needed.
Ensure the Leadership Studio and Lodge are guest ready
- Inspect the Studio before each group arrives.
- Ensure the Studio is clean, staged, stairs swept, snow removed, and firewood is available.
- Prepare heating, cooling and related equipment at the beginning of each day.
- Ensure that landscaping is clean and tidy and that the grass is cut and trimmed.
- Coordinate with Production Department that all other spaces to be used are guest ready.
- Inspect provided accommodations before each group arrives.
- Establish personal contact and rapport with guests and ensure they feel welcome.
Ensure guests receive a quality meal experience
- In conjunction with Head Chef/Kitchen Manager ensure quality control of all meals, snacks and special diet requests and that each meal meets agreed upon customer expectations
- Oversee food delivery from the kitchen to the Leadership Studio
- Oversee the mealtime service to guests
- Adhere to all Muskoka Woods Polices and procedures and safe food handling practices.
- Assist in service and clean up of meals.
- Assist as needed with program
- Deliver other requests as outlined by the Leadership Studio Director
- Participate in community events and initiatives i.e. Cadence, one on ones, social gatherings
- Participate in corporate events including Town Hall, Leadership Meetings and Annual Retreat
- Personal and professional development
- Hospitality training and/or experience preferred
- Personal values that match Muskoka Woods core values
Skills and Attributes
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Good with people – particularly youth
- Track record of promoting an atmosphere of teamwork
- Strong customer service orientation and skill
- Professional attitude, yet warm disposition
Essential Functions required:
- Ability to lift and move 10 to 40lbs
- Able to stand, walk and work for 6 to 8 hours
- Ability to communicate both written and verbal with staff and guests
Please forward all cover letters and resumes to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in Muskoka Woods!!
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 4750 ]