Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors. Early Bird pricing ends February 6, 2018
Church Administrative Coordinator
Church Administrative Coordinator
Toronto, Ontario , M9C 2Z3
Employment Type: Part Time: 15 to 20 hours - Progressing towards potential Full Time Monday to Friday, 5 days per week once required by the church
The Church Administrator will work with Council, Staff, and other committees to administrate the business of the church and to help guide, direct and manage the critical functions to meet the church’s long-term goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Church Administrative Coordinator’s primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Planning and organizing office operations using agreed systems and processes.
- Managing office, supplies, expenses and office budget.
- General office duties including correspondence, mail pickup/distribution.
- Manage church coffee supplies.
- Managing facility operations; room rentals, maintenance, supplies, and equipment.
- Manage the Parking Lot Rentals which includes, depositing cheques, responding to inquiries and handling complaints.
- Using appropriate technology (e.g. computer and church software, photocopier, fax.)
- Arrange for regular maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Quality control of all printed materials.
- Communicating with:
- Church Staff – daily as needed and bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Members, volunteers, clients, general public: in person, by phone, by mail or electronically as needed.
- Media management regarding upcoming church events on the Church Website, Facebook, and Newspapers.
- Managing congregational mail folders, offering envelopes and maintaining historical records and Church Directory.
- Manage/prepare production of weekly bulletins, monthly church schedules, newsletters, church calendar and letters/memos to the membership.
- Maintain official records and statistics required for the church office, and Christian Reformed Church of North America (“CRCNA”).
- Attends church Congregation Meetings and offer support as needed.
- Attends monthly evening meetings with the Church Council (or equivalent) and take minutes as a non-voting member.
- Attend monthly evening COA meetings and take minutes.
- Monitor and manage health and safety issues.
- Liaison for custodial staff
- General administrative support of staff leadership and program support.
- Coordinate with bookkeeper in administrative matters.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Core Competencies Required:
- Three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Self-starter, who takes initiative, yet works well collaboratively.
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills.
- The ability to get things done.
- Strong organizational and writing skills.
- Professional, courteous and friendly personality.
- Ability to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, creatively solve problems and meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Ability to network, develop and nurture relationships with all generations
- Able to work a minimum of 2 evenings per month.
Relationship of the Position to Other Positions or Contacts:
Reporting Position: To Church Council and/or assigned designate.
Subordinate Staff: None
Other Internal Contacts: Works with Staff Team, Ministry Teams, Faith Groups
External Contacts: Walk-in’s from the community, Renters of facility and parking lot, agencies that may call the church.
Education, Certifications and Licenses:
- Minimum of a College Degree preferred and/or equivalent combination of education, skills and experience.
- Be in agreement with Fellowships stated mission and goals.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Social Networking.
- Fellowship CRC is a member of the Christian Reformed Denomination. The successful candidate is expected to agree with and uphold the Traditions of the Reformed Faith.
Fellowship CRC is an equal opportunity employer and that accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if requested.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 4755 ]