Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors. Early Bird pricing ends February 6, 2018
Pastor of Discipleship
Pastor of Discipleship
Halifax, Nova Scotia , B3K 1N3
Deep Water Church is a 10-year-old, fast-growing church located in the downtown core of Halifax, Nova Scotia. As we grow wider we also want to keep growing deeper, and we believe that in order to keep doing this it's time to hire a skilled and experienced leader to join our excellent staff team and help us take our discipleship ministry to the next level.
Our current Discipleship Pathway includes Alpha, Celebrate Recovery, DW101 (Pre membership course), LifeGroups (based on the Methodist Class Meeting) and Seminary Saturdays (a more content-driven and theologically weighted monthly class experience). We are also beginning to pilot Methodist Band Meetings.
Deep Water is a fun, vibrant, younger, multi-ethnic, congregation that is passionate about reaching our city for Jesus. Halifax is a historic harbour city that is home to several universities, hospitals, military bases, and is the provincial capitol of Nova Scotia. The culture of Halifax is diverse but is generally liberal, post-christian, and at times even hostile towards church and Christianity, and so it is a great place to minister.
You can see the formal job description below. For more information or to apply, send your resume and a cover letter to Lead Pastor AJ Thomas.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Hours: Full time
Compensation: SalaryTBD based on experience and capacity. Includes health insurance, and pension
- Spiritual and emotional maturity and Wesleyan theological convictions
- Relevant education
- Credentials with the Wesleyan Church or a willingness to pursue them
- Significant and diverse experience with providing spiritual guidance and answering hard questions
- Excellent connector with strong people skills
- Passion to see people grow into spiritual maturity and holiness
- A highly motivated, pro-active, well organized leader who can oversee multiple programs and volunteer leaders simultaneously
- Oversee all aspects of Deep Water’s Discipleship Pathway for adults.
- Recruit, train, develop and oversee leaders for spiritual formation
- Ensure that all discipleship ministries are in keeping with our overall discipleship strategy
- Coach the leaders of Alpha and Celebrate Recovery
- Give direct leadership to the other ministries in our discipleship pathway
- Develop and implement a system for developing people for service
- Spiritual gifts assessment and discernment
- Coordinating ministry service on-ramps
- General training and development for volunteers
Meetings with people to discuss theology and offer guidance
- Baptism Prep
General Pastoral Responsibilities
- Some help with weddings, funerals, baby dedications, and hospital visits
- Occasional Preaching
- Other Duties as assigned
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 4779 ]