Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors. Early Bird pricing ends February 6, 2018
Essex, Ontario , N8M 2J3
Essex Baptist Church
Essex Ont. Canada
POSITION: _______Church Pastor
Position Purpose: The Pastor is to provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the membership of Essex Baptist Church. The Pastor will assist the Deacons in overseeing the life and direction of the church. The Pastor will serve as the chief administrator of the congregation so that it might fulfill its mission and purpose as the body of Christ.
Supervision: The Church Pastor is accountable to the Church Council (Deacons Board).
Responsibilities: Subject to review and adjustment in conjunction with the Deacons Board, the following constitute the major responsibilities of the Church Pastor:
I. Preaching and Teaching
1. To regularly preach and teach the Word of God and administer the Sacraments in the congregation.
2. To plan and lead worship in conjunction with others and aid in the minister of music.
3. To officiate at special services such as weddings, funerals, nursing home services, etc.
1. To oversee the administration and management of all areas of the congregation's ministry in consultation with the Deacons Board and appropriate boards, committees (and future staff).
2. To support and assist the board who have primary responsibility in the ministries of education, youth, social action, pastoral care, fellowship, health, and older adults.
3. To build a sense of team-work among the church and hold regular meetings to coordinate the ministries of the church and facilitate communication.
4. To work with the Board to see that the facilities of the church are functional and in good repair.
1. To promote, educate, and advocate responsible biblical stewardship in the congregation.
2. To assist the Deacons Board with financial matters of the congregation.
3. To oversee and promote congregational benevolence and mission through ongoing support and by meeting community needs as they arise.
1. To work with the church’s outreach to implement ministries that reach out to the unchurched, inactive and new residents of our community with the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
2. To direct the assimilation of new members into the life of the congregation.
3. To encourage all ministries of the church to carry out their work with an emphasis on welcoming others to participate in the mission work of Christ.
5. Conduct pre-marital, family, bereavement counseling as needed
V. General Pastoral Responsibilities
1. To provide pastoral care by assisting others through visitation, counseling, and prayer
2. To make appropriate referrals when necessary and quickly respond to crisis situations which arise in the congregation.
3. To assist in teaching children, youth, and adults in the Christian education program of the congregation.
VI. Personal Responsibilities
1. Set as Guidelines of personal behavior the standard required in 1Timothy 3:1-7 and 1Peter 5: 1-4
2. Maintain a regular program of study to enable himself to plan and conduct meaningful worship services
The position of Church Pastor requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. The pastor should be in the office a sufficient amount of time for accessibility to members of the congregation and for regular communication with members of the church staff.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 4808 ]