Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors.
Mississauga, Ontario , L5J1J7
Chartwell Clarkson is a church that is deeply integrated into the Clarkson community and is seeking to deepen our connection and opportunities to engage with children in our neighbourhood. We are seeking to build intentional relationships between church families and neighbourhood families, enabling friendships to form in a way that allows the neighbourhood community to see faith in action through the lives of our church community.
The Children’s Director will work within the mission and vision of the church to provide ministry oversight to children from birth to grade 5. Through leadership, discipleship and programming the Children’s Director will work across our Saga Sunday, midweek and Summer Camp programs to see children fulfil God’s call on their lives to:
Live By Faith, by teaching children the Biblical story, allowing them to hear about the love of God, come to faith in Christ, and live out their faith in all areas of their lives.
be Known By Love, by developing deep and meaningful friendships between adults and children, within the church and neighbourhood, as they learn about and experience the kingdom work of serving one another in love.
become a Voice of Hope, by teaching children and their families to see life beyond themselves, and share the hope of Jesus with others through their lives, their actions and their words.
And to do this through...
- Getting to know and caring for children and engaging their needs,
- Providing welcoming and caring environments for children and families of all ages, abilities and status,
- Building relationship within families, and between church and neighbourhood families,
- Identifying curriculum and content that shapes and forms children in the way of Christ,
- Forming, training and equipping teams of volunteer leaders.
- A life informed by your faith,
- An understanding of and experience with children, their development and how they learn,
- A desire to engage community families in the story of Jesus,
- A desire to work with and resource parents and families for discipleship within the family,
- An ability to work in a team environment,
- Self-motivation and initiative that leads to effective ministry
- A passion for evangelism and showing God’s love to the neighbouring community
- Communication, time management, teaching, and a valid drivers licence
- Ability to assess needs, create goals and follow through with implementation
- Experience in encouraging, motivating and supporting volunteers,
- Experience with the development or selection of teaching curriculum for children,
- Experience in Christian Camping or appropriate education is beneficial,
- Experience in caring for and developing support systems for children with exceptionalities
Discipleship relationships with children, seeking to encourage connections between children, leaders and parents across the church and community.
Program development for Sunday morning and midweek Saga programs (Thursday), ensuring relevant, engaging and age appropriate content.
Leadership development through supervision, mentoring and coaching of leaders to work with and care for children, ensuring they are resourced and equipped for ministry
Administration through ensuring that communication, organization and administration are in place to support the discipleship, programming and leadership of Children’s Ministry.
Summer Camp support, particularly for Day Camp by working alongside the Family Pastor to ensure an engaging and effective Camp.
In addition to these primary responsibilities, the children’s director will also
- Recruit, Screen, Train, Schedule and Empower volunteers
- Work as part of the Pastoral team to provide care & discipleship for children and their families
(please see Job Description below for more information on these responsibilities)
Support and accountability will be provided by the Family Pastor, with the support of key Saga leaders
This is a full-time, permanent position. Start date is planned for April 1, 2018 although may be negotiable.
The Children’s Ministry Director will be expected to participate regularly in the life of the church.
In addition to Sunday mornings and one evening during the week, the applicant will be expected to participate in pastoral team meetings and maintain regular office hours at the church.
While we will review all resumes, we will only contact those we intend to interview. Applications will remain open until we fill the role.
Job Description: Children’s Director
The Children’s Director will work within the mission and vision of the church to provide pastoral oversight to children from birth to grade 5.
Through discipleship, leadership and programming the Children’s Director will work across our Saga Sunday, midweek and Summer Camp programs to see children fulfil God’s call on their lives to Live by Faith, be Known by Love and be a Voice of Hope.
The Children’s Director will build relationships with children, seeking to encourage connections between children, leaders and parents across the church and community.
- Provide leadership to the Spiritual Formation of children.
- Invest relationally in children from the church and summer camp, engaging them in relationship with other children and leaders.
- Initiate opportunities to connect with children, both inside and outside of established church programs
- Where appropriate provide pastoral care, parental support and visitation for children and families.
The Children’s Director is the leader and provides primary oversight for Sunday morning and midweek Saga programs, ensuring relevant, engaging and age appropriate content.
- Provide leadership, vision and oversight for midweek (Grade 1-5) and Sunday morning (birth - Grade 5) children’s programs that are in keeping with the vision and purposes of the church
- Develop and implement programs, including large group and small group content, that meet children where they are.
- Provide a welcoming environment for children and their families who begin to attend the church.
The Children’s Director will supervise, mentor and coach leaders to work with and care for children, ensuring they are resourced and equipped for ministry
- Recruit, train and resource leaders for all areas of children’s ministry
- Ensure the care, coaching and empowerment of leaders across children’s ministry
- Provide scheduling for leaders that enables them to care for and engage children effectively
- Develop feedback mechanisms for leaders to communicate concerns and challenges
The Children’s Director will ensure that communication, organization and administration are in place to support the discipleship, programming and leadership of Children’s Ministry.
- Ensure effective communications with children and parents through e-mail, text, website, flyers and phone.
- Participate in developing and managing the annual schedule and budget
- Ensure continued compliance with Child Protection policies
The Children’s Director will support the Summer Camp, and particularly Day Camp, working alongside the Family Pastor to ensure an engaging and effective Camp.
- Follow up with campers and families as a point of contact between the church and those who attend Saga Summer Camp.
- Speak into and ensure camper spiritual formation for Saga Day Camp
- Working with Directors, develop and implement strategies for behaviour management, lead volunteers in the care of children with exceptionalities and engage in challenging behaviour situations throughout the summer
- Be available to support programming for Saga Day Camp through resources and ideas
- Oversee and lead the extended care team for Chartwell summer camps
- Work with the Summer team to ensure the administration of Summer Camp
- Participate in Sunday Morning services and ministries
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Meet with a mentor or Spiritual Director on a monthly basis
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 4838 ]