Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors.
Aylesford, Nova Scotia
Position Purpose: To provide nutritious, well-prepared snacks and meals to the campers and staff. Also required to maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen, dishroom and dining hall.
Essential Job Operations:
1)Daily operations of camp’s food service
- Prepare and cook food as the menu indicates utilizing frying, boiling, broiling, steaming, roasting of meat, poultry, seafood, fish, vegetables, salads, soups and gravies.
- Prepare foods including washing, peeling, defrosting, etc.
- Bake cookies, muffins, etc.
- Set up food, supplies and utensils for dining hall distribution.
- Store food and leftovers at proper temperature.
- Prepare and serve campfire snack.
- Ordering, managing supply of all food service products
2)Assist in routine sanitation of the kitchen and related equipment.
- Clean and maintain all food-preparation and storage areas.
- Supervise the cleaning of prep, serving and dining hall dishes.
- Ensure that the dishroom is kept clean and that prep dishes do not pile up.
- Reduce waste, reuse items and recycle according to Nova Scotia waste management guidelines.
- Check temperatures and record on a sheet posted on each refrigerator and freezer.
- Ensure that the kitchen meets regulations and safety standards in accordance to food safety legislation
- Thoroughly clean the entire kitchen regularly (at least twice a week)
3)Assist in preparation and packaging of food for use outside the dining hall
- Oversee food prep for offsite camping trips.
- Manage tuck, which is served daily.
- Manage prep for Friday afternoon open BBQ for campers and their families.
Weeks of Work: 10
Start Date: June 18th, 2018
End Date: August 24th, 2018
Extra Days: June 6th, 2018: 6:30-8:30pm, June 16th, 2018: 2-4pm
Gross Salary: $370/week
- At least 21 years of age
- Current Food Safety (Handler’s) Certificate
- Previous cooking/kitchen experience is an asset
- Current CPR C and Standard First Aid
- Previous camp experience preferred
- Ability to work with children and adults
- Familiarity with current Canada Food Guide recommendations
- Flexibility to deal with changing schedules, picky eaters and meet special dietary concerns
- Prepare meals for up to 100 people at a time and serve and clean up after preparation.
- Supervise campers and staff in the preparation, serving, and clean-up of all meals and snacks
- Help maintain the organization and inventory of food supplies in the food storage areas
- Clean and close up the kitchen and fridges at the end of each week
- Work well with the Cook Assistant
- Must have food prepared at scheduled times
- Attend prayer times and Bible studies that are in accordance with Kingswood Camp's Statement of Faith
- Carry out other duties as assigned by Director
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 4860 ]