Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors.
Aylesford, Nova Scotia
Purpose: To plan and manage the maintenance and repair of camp’s buildings, grounds, equipment and other facilities. Ensure the safety and care of all the guests at camp.
1)Responsible for the development and implementation of a system that focuses on prevention, correction and construction to manage the facilities.
- Care and use of all maintenance equipment and supplies.
- Develop a system for regular maintenance and upkeep of camp buildings and grounds, including routine duties such as mowing, painting, water tests, etc.
- Be alert to equipment and facilities to ensure utilization, proper care and maintenance is maintained; report repairs needed directly to the camp director.
2)Supervise any repairs or maintenance tasks done by outside organizations.
- Must stay with any outside service personnel when they are on site.
- Make recommendations when an outside repair technician is to be called.
3)Ensure regular maintenance tasks are completed on time.
- Oversee and assist in proper garbage disposal and recycling. Ensure that all camp garbage is taken each day to the bin at the end of the road.
- Ensure adequate firewood supply for campfire and light and extinguish nightly campfires.
- Conduct daily testing/inspection of camp water system (i.e. chlorine and water tests).
- Ensure that the maintenance rooms are cleaned and kept tidy throughout the summer and are organized at the end of the season.
Weeks of Work: 14 or 9
Start Date: May 21st, 2018 or June 25th, 2018
End Date: August 24th, 2018
Extra Days: June 6th, 2018: 6:30-8:30pm, June 16th, 2018: 2-4pm
Gross Salary: $350/week
- Current CPR C and Standard First Aid
- Current WHIMIS certification
- Experience in basic repairs (carpentry, plumbing, grounds keeping, etc.)
- Ability to drive/operate small motorized vehicles and power tools; knowledge of the safe and proper requirements of operation
- Ability to work with children and adults
- Ability to be adaptable and good at following instructions
- Self-directed, disciplined and able to complete daily tasks without direction
- Leadership skills
- Make periodic inspection of the entire camp for potential hazards, including program equipment/sites
- Clean and maintain buildings and equipment following accidents/spills
- Make sure that all plumbing, sewage, electrical wiring, etc. are in good working order
- Keep an inventory of equipment and supplies needed and report these to the director
- Take part in prayer time, Bible study and chapel in accordance with Kingswood Camp’s Statement of Faith
- Be willing to assist in other areas of camp
- Assist in leading school field days in the spring
- Carry out other duties as assigned by Directors
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 4861 ]