Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors.
NORTHSIDE COMMUNITY CHURCH, KITCHENER, ONTARIO
Looking for: LEAD PASTOR
The Lead Pastor will work in partnership with the Elders Board to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, provide biblically based teaching and shepherding, equip God’s people for the work in His service, and bring overall spiritual leadership to Northside Community Church.
Our Mission and Vision
Northside Community Church exists to see people move closer to Jesus. We foster a disciple making process by pursuing God, creating community, loving people practically and intentionally seeking to multiply.
We are looking for a pastor who will share in our mission and vision, has a personal commitment to Jesus Christ submitting to the Holy Spirit as his authority for faith and life, and who is passionate about teaching and encouraging people to work together towards achieving these goals and to grow in Christlikeness.
- Northside Community Church, located in the northeast corner (Ward 3) of Kitchener, Ontario, is a member of the Associated Gospel Churches (“AGC”).
- Kitchener has a population of 233,222 and is located 111 kilometers west of Toronto. Kitchener is part of the Waterloo Region, a metropolitan area comprising the cities of Kitchener, Waterloo, and Cambridge. With a population of just over 500,000, the Waterloo Region ranked No. 10 among the country's 35 census metropolitan areas.
- We are a small church of 33 members, with an average Sunday morning attendance of 60, including all ages.
Qualifications / Expectations:
- Meet the biblical qualifications of an Elder as expressed in Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Timothy 3:1-13;
- Maintain a vital and wholesome personal relationship with the Lord through regular Bible study and prayer; and
- Be responsible for continued personal growth and self-development.
Lead Pastor Responsibilities:
Teaching and Discipleship:
- Teach the biblical revelation of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Develop and deliver expository and life practical preaching;
- Use teaching methods that inspire and challenge the spiritual growth of the congregation with the capacity to make the gospel understandable to the unsaved;
- Lead the church in effective outreach, evangelism & discipleship strategies to advance our mission and vision;
- Support the church’s mission & vision by developing bible studies, small groups, and corporate prayer;
- Coordinate worship services in cooperation with various ministry leaders and volunteers. The lead pastor will regularly conduct the ordinances of communion and baptism.
- Encourage outreach opportunities within the local community.
- Lead the church in a caring ministry for those in the congregation and in the community.
- Oversee and participate in congregational care and visitation;
- Provide pastoral counseling to those in spiritual need and assist persons facing problems or decisions; and
- Oversee and provide special services such as weddings, funerals, baby dedications, and baptisms.
Teamwork and Leadership:
- As an Elder of the church, work in relationship with the Elders Board to fulfil the mission and vision of Northside, meeting with them regularly for accountability;
- Serve in partnership with ministry leaders to plan, organize, direct, co-ordinate and evaluate the total church program;
- Lead ministries, ministry leaders, other pastoral staff &/or volunteer ministry workers as determined by the Elders Board; and
- Regularly meet with AGC leaders and pastors in matters of mutual interest and concern.
- The Pastor is directly responsible to the Elders and indirectly responsible to the congregation of the church. This involves working co-operatively with the Elders and ministry leadership of the church.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- AGC compatibility is required. If you are not already approved for ministry with the AGC, please see www.agcofcanada.com/ministry-opportunities for how to apply.
- In full agreement with the AGC Statement of Faith (available at www.agcofcanada.com and with the mission and policies of Northside Community Church (available at www.northsidecommunitychurch.ca ).
- Ordination with the AGC is preferred.
- At a minimum, post secondary education with formal education from Bible College or Seminary.
- Pastoral experience for a minimum of 3-5 years, with a demonstrated record of ministry growth and effectiveness.
- Compensation is based on the salary range of Northside Community Church, commensurate with background and experience, based on fulltime employment with benefits, and will be handled by the church Board.
In order to help us get a more complete picture of you and your interest in the position at Northside Community Church, please provide the following:
- Current resume/CV, including specific education and experience as it relates to the background required for this position;
- An application letter (maximum 2 pages), including the following:
- An overview of your journey with Christ and your calling to ministry, and
- Why you are applying to this position at Northside Community Church;
- A copy of a letter of compatibility with the AGC;
- A link to samples of your preaching (video preferred); and
- Letters of reference: Provide a minimum of two letters of reference.
Submit your application package to:
Submission Deadline: March 31, 2018
Answers to questions or requests for clarification on this job posting can be provided by:
226-220-4590 (leave a message)
Northside Community Church
55 Leonard Street
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 4868 ]