Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors.
Operations and Discipling Manager
Operations and Discipling Manager
Hope in the Dark, is a Christian ministry, registered with the Canadian government as a charity, that serves children and single mothers living in precarious social and economic conditions in the city of Bucaramanga, Colombia. Since 2016, Hope in the Dark has been operating a centre in Bucaramanga helping 70 children and several single mothers from a slum by providing nutritious meals, extracurricular activities, educational support. All this is done with the main focus of sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ, and showing God’s love in a tangible way. The two main goals of Hope in the Dark are to see the lives of vulnerable children and single mothers transformed as they know and follow Jesus Christ; and for them to be released from the cycle of poverty.
Hope in the Dark is currently seeking to hire/send a worker/missionary to our centre in Colombia to provide leadership and coordinate the different programs in our centre. Currently the workforce in Colombia is primarily women. While we recognize the tremendous value of these women, we also acknowledge that male support will be instrumental to carry out our mission. For this reason, we are looking for devout Christian male or married couple, with Christian Biblical studies, who is passionate about sharing the gospel and missions.
This opportunity requires exceptional people, administrative and project management skills. Additionally, he/they must enjoy leading, discipling and working with youth. The successful candidate will plan and lead different activities within and with the community in precarious neighborhoods and illegal settlements with the goal of sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.
This mission opportunity will be carried out under the supervision of our director in Colombia and reporting to leadership in Canada. Business acumen is required but not limited, as this is an immense opportunity to provide to youth and parents, what we believe is the only tool to break free from the cycle of poverty, the message of love, salvation and hope.
To be considered for this opportunity, the candidate must possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Proven biblical leadership training
- 2-5 years of work experience in a leadership capacity, preferably in non-for-profit organizations and multicultural settings
- Must be fluent in Spanish
- Post-secondary education is not mandatory but is highly preferable
- Demonstrable skills and experience in leadership and managing staff and volunteers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and the ability to learn and use different software
- Must be a proactive individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Criminal Record and Vulnerable sectors check
- References and/or letters of recommendations are required after the candidate has been interviewed. The references must come from coworkers, previous employers, pastors, and Christian organizations where the candidate has been involved and demonstrated christian leadership and service.
- Managing and helping execute Hope in the Dark projects in our centre in Colombia
- Managing special projects such as entrepreneurial endeavors, vocational training for parents
- Ensure consistent communications between children and child sponsors
- Developing and executing strategies to engage youth and teenagers, including discipleship and devotionals
- Managing the current staff members in Colombia
- Administration of operational reports, including updates on personnel matters, kids and families
- Administration of resources, control and records of expenses and receipts
- Event planning
- Evangelism and carrying out community activities in the sector where Hope in the Dark serves
- Creation of partnerships and regular communication with different organizations, churches and individuals
- Coordinating activities and projects carried out by volunteers
- Create and provide regular reports
Due to the nature of our mission and being a young organization, the salary offered is the one that would be offered to a local in Colombia. We do encourage this individual to raise their own support. Hope in the Dark (HITD) will support the interested in this process as we provide financial integrity to ensure donors and supporters the appropriate stewardship of the resources raised.
Hope in the Dark’s vision and goals are 100% based on the bible. We believe that we ought to give God our best. If you have the required skills and qualifications, are willing to accept this mission opportunity in Colombia because you believe that the ultimate standard of truth and goodness are represented to the person of Jesus as described in the bible, and are passionate to serve God and your neighbor, Hope in the Dark invites you to apply to this opportunity by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 4880 ]