Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors.
Kanata, Ontario , K2L1V1
JOB TITLE: Youth Ministry Director
REPORTS TO: The Pastoral Team Leader
Kanata Baptist Church (KBC) is seeking a Youth Ministry Director to serve full-time, as part of our church staff team, under the direction of the Pastoral Team Leader.
The Youth Ministry Director will pursue our congregation’s missional goals as they pertain to our youth, primarily by creatively implementing a comprehensive ministry strategy for Junior and Senior Youth, including the development and nurture of young disciples, building Christian community, evangelistically reaching out to youth in the community, and recruiting and training volunteers.
PRIMARY MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate the kind of environment at Kanata Baptist Church where young people learn to follow Jesus well, hold to the truth of the scriptures, and are integrated into the whole life of our church family;
- Plan and implement social and group building activities which facilitate opportunities for relationship development within the group, and which provide evangelistic opportunities in a non-threatening environment;
Accordingly, with excellence, oversee places and plan events in our church community where youth:
- want to be, and where they also want to bring the friends God has brought into their lives.
- feel safe, loved, and free to ask questions, seek support, and work out their salvation.
- are challenged, prepared, and equipped personally, scripturally, and spiritually to commit and live for Christ in this world in every area of life, and to articulate their evangelical Christian faith well.
- learn to live missionally, seeking to bless others in creative ways, and so begin actively to engage in mission alongside others in our church, as well as independently in their own lives.
Develop appropriate pastorally supportive relationships with youth, and establish and maintain contact with youth ‘on the fringe’ or who are otherwise not directly involved with specific Youth Ministry programming ;
- Hold regularly scheduled youth meetings and lead studies that are age-relevant to the spiritual, social, and emotional development and discipleship capacity of Junior and Senior Youth;
- Recruit, train, and mobilize adult/youth volunteers to assist with programming;
- Develop rapport with parents, including at least one strategic meeting each year to communicate Youth Ministry vision, plans, policies, and volunteer needs to parents, as well as to hear any concerns from them;
- Oversee and offer leadership for youth-oriented mission activities and established mission trips;
- Work in coordination with other ministry leaders to help facilitate transitions from children’s to youth ministry, and from youth ministry to young adult life;
- May participate in additional ministries as requested by, or in coordination with, the Pastoral Team Leader.
SPECIFIC MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead mid-week Youth events for Junior and Senior Youth. (Currently on Tuesday and Thursday evenings);
- Lead Sunday morning curriculum ‘between services’ for the combined age group;
- Attend KBC Sunday morning worship services (Currently 9 & 11:15 am);
- Planning/preparation of special events and informal meetings with youth;
- Develop effective publicity for youth activities through church e-news, bulletin, youth newsletter, online, mailings, media publicity, etc. providing details to administrative staff in a timely manner;
- Participate in Youth Leader/Pastor networks (Kanata Youth Network, Ottawa Baptist Youth, etc.);
- Lead in a manner clearly consistent with the theological and philosophical perspective of the Canadian Baptists of Ontario & Quebec (CBOQ) and Kanata Baptist Church (specific questions/issues may be discussed with the Pastoral Team Leader).
ADDITIONAL STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate as a member of the KBC staff team, working in coordination with KBC administrative staff where appropriate, and reporting directly to the Pastoral Team Leader;
- Personally abide by and advocate for the KBC Abuse Prevention Policy, and ensure that all staff and volunteers helping with youth ministry are informed, trained and compliant with the policy;
- Provide reports (verbal or written) as required for church meetings (e.g. Annual Report);
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings and at staff retreats;
- Coordinate activities with other staff members to avoid conflict and ensure proper communication;
- Seek out and establish an ongoing relationship with a mentor on a regular schedule;
- Abide by and advocate for KBC policies and procedures, staff covenant, and theological positions.
- Congruent Spiritual Beliefs and Commitments
- The KBC Youth Director must be someone with a solid faith and significant Christian maturity who has made and lives out a deep public commitment to Jesus, and who has a genuine love for people and a calling to ministry with young people and their families.
- The Youth Director must be in agreement with, and adhere to, all of the sections and sub-sections listed under our Mission Statement, Our Beliefs, and Affirmation of Essentials as explained on the Kanata Baptist Church website.
- A person of faithful Christian character: willing to see one’s life and behaviour as foundational to ministry and leadership. (1Timothy 3:1-7).
- A person who understands God’s ways of grace, kindness, patience, confession, repentance, and renewal.
- Attends to a healthy work/life balance ensuring the Godly care of their spouse, children, and family, as applicable.
- Attends to Christian spiritual disciplines and practices in the course of faithfully attending to their life and faith in Jesus Christ and personal relationship with Him.
- A person who will commit to pray for the leadership, ministry teams, and church family of KBC.
- Adheres to the CBOQ Statement of Ethical Pastoral Conduct as well as the KBC Staff Covenant.
- Willing to obtain a confirmed Police Reference Check for the vulnerable sector.
- Willing to work with a mentor for their continued spiritual growth and well-being.
- Relevant Biblical or Ministry Training (e.g. Bachelor of Youth Ministry, Bachelor of Theology, etc.).
- Maintains an ongoing study of Scripture and relevant resources focused on personal ministry development.
- Trained and developed capacity to speak to issues facing youth today, with significant capacity in apologetics.
- Evidence of local church commitment and involvement over time.
- 3-5 years’ experience in youth ministry.
- Baptized by Believer’s Baptism.
- Evidence of effective engagement and sensitivity communicating the gospel to youth today.
- Musical ability an asset.
- Called – Has experienced a call to youth ministry.
- Team Player – Able to function as part of a Christian ministry team in a healthy fashion.
- Missional – Understands, is able to articulate and practices a ‘Missional’ model ministry, who lives that out personally and is able to lead and train the youth of KBC to be effective missionaries locally and to the world.
- Culturally Astute – High awareness of emerging cultural trends, especially as they pertain to youth today.
- Prayerful – A faithful witness to prayer in their own life, and able to develop prayerfulness in others.
- Leadership – Able to equip, encourage, inspire, and lead volunteers to excel in ministries as God has gifted them; passionate about growing as a leader, and developing others as leaders.
- Intergenerational – Ability to understand generational issues.
Must be able to read, write and speak fluently in English.
Must be capable of using core MS Office Suite software tools (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) at a basic level. Experience with Planning Centre Online an asset.
KBC believes in remunerating its staff properly, and therefore makes use of CBOQ guidelines and information from the Canadian Council of Christian Charities as a framework for financial compensation, as commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and education.
Must be able to provide three references upon request; one from a Senior Pastor or Ministry Leader who has observed the candidate’s growth and ministry, and at least one work-related.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be accepted until March 1, 2018
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 4891 ]