Toronto, Ontario , M5S 2H4
Worship Pastor Position Description
Knox Presbyterian Church, in downtown Toronto, ON, seeks to fill a newly created full-time Worship Pastor position.
General Description: The Worship Pastor is a key strategic leader overseeing the worship ministry at Knox Church, a pastoral musician who plans the development of meaningful worship services aligned with our church’s ministry vision and in touch with our diverse, multi-cultural city, connecting worshippers to the story and presence of God. This person needs to be passionate about diverse musical worship, equipping leaders, the arts, discipleship, and a culture of engagement within the worship ministry.
In conjunction with the Sr. Minister, to lead the development, implementation, establishment and maintenance of a biblical, creative, vibrant, diverse, accessible, and engaged worship culture at Knox through:
1. Leadership Development - Identifying, developing and discipling worship ministry participants (musicians, vocalists, worship leaders, and others).
2. Organization and Coordination - oversee and coordinate the worship planning process and implementation of all elements for our worship services (11 am and 5 pm).
3. Team-Building and Collaboration - develop worship teams from within each service to lead in worship along with involvement of choir, children/youth voices and any other musical or arts participation in worship.
4. Communication - model the role of worshipper and worship leader to our congregation and worship teams by leading the congregation in worship as part of a rotation with other teams/leaders.
5. Creative Arts - deepen the understanding and enjoyment of the creative arts at Knox, articulating a practical theology of the arts and multi-cultural worship, encouraging and planning for the incorporation of diverse arts and cultural forms in worship.
6. Education and Vision-Casting - serve as a central voice for a robust theology and biblical practice of worship at Knox, educating and helping our congregation understand the “why” behind everything that we do in the worship of our triune God.
7. Other - serve as part of the Pastoral Staff team, participating as a member of an engaged pastoral team in leading the Knox congregation..
Qualifications: the pastoral musician we seek will possess or demonstrate the following qualities:
- a mature Christian who evidences a close relationship with and commitment to Jesus Christ through prayer and reliance on His Word in all aspects of life, and a passion to serve Him by helping seekers and Christ‐followers connect with God through musical worship
- the servant heart of Jesus Christ
- understand and embrace Knox Church’s theological vision, ministry strategy, and have a gospel-oriented love of Toronto
- have a rich biblical and theological understanding of worship
- a minimum education of a Bachelor’s degree, but preferred Master’s degree (music or theology)
- significant experience (5 years) in music production, leading a worship team/ministry, and music arrangement, proficient in musical leadership of groups, both large and small, and pastoral leadership
- demonstrated history of planning and producing worship services with excellence, demonstrated ability in music, voice and either keyboard or guitar
- strong leadership abilities with a track record of developing effective teams and growing/developing musicians
- experience in leading diverse worship, both culturally and generationally
- strong administrative and organizational skills with high computer proficiency
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a proficiency in English.
About Knox Presbyterian Church: Knox is an historic church in the heart of downtown Toronto with the vision of Following Jesus - Loving the City - Serving the World. Situated across the street from the University of Toronto, we seek to be a contemporary, gospel-shaped community for the sake of the city. We are member of the Presbyterian Church in Canada.
Please visit our website for more information: http://www.knoxtoronto.org/
Start date: August 2018
Applications: please send a letter of application with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Worship Pastor Application”
Knox Presbyterian Church does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, disability, gender, or age. Disability accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 4897 ]