Youth Ministry Intern
Youth Ministry Intern
Richmond, British Columbia , V6X 4K1
The Youth Ministry Intern position is to provide the intern with an opportunity to gain practical ministry experience by working in a ministry setting with experienced guidance and support from the Lead Pastoral Team and the staff team, to test the gifts and call to vocational ministry, and to develop spiritually and theologically. The intern brings practical help and energy to the youth ministry by being a role model to the youth of the church.
The youth intern will be accountable to the Lead Pastoral Team and the Youth Ministry Officer.
The overall objective is to present and show by example the gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and to encourage them in their growth through the study of scripture, prayer, service, and fellowship. Specific activities may include:
● Plan and execute curriculum and activities for youth ministry worship and fellowship
● Assist in camp and outreach events
● Develop relationships with youth, parents, servants and staffs through different communication channels
● Meet regularly with the the Lead Pastoral Team and Youth Ministry Officer for prayer, planning, communication and evaluation
● Maintain personal, spiritual and professional growth
● Growing commitment to the Christian faith, the church, and God’s work in the world
● Ability to work effectively with youth, being creative, understanding and patience
● Ability to verbally articulate personal faith and the Christian worldview
● Applicant should be attending seminary or in the process of discernment about a call to ministry with at least 2 years of youth ministry experience in a Canadian or American context. Have a passion for guiding youths to become disciples of Jesus Christ
● Possess spiritual and emotional maturity; believe in sound doctrines; demonstrate character of Christ-likeness; desire continuous spiritual growth
● A strong team worker with good people skills
● Willing to submit to the Lead Pastoral Team and Ministry Officer
● Willing to follow the ministry philosophy of the Lead Pastoral Team
● A lifetime learner in leadership, ministry, and discipleship
● Self-motivated, good time management, strong administrative abilities, competent conflict resolution skills
● Fluent in written and spoken English
● Work at office and on Sunday
● Has valid Canadian driver licence
The internship will require approximately 10 hours per week, including most Friday evenings and Sunday mornings. Any vacation time the intern desires should be requested from and arranged with the Youth Ministry Officer before the start of the internship.
$15.50 per hour
The Lead Pastoral Team and the Youth Ministry Officer will assess performance during the internship on a regular basis and at the end of the term. Additional assessments can be provided in accordance with the intern’s academic institution requirements.
All interested candidates are asked to submit the application package to KEC Council
Please quote the job title in the subject line when applying by email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 4899 ]