Scarborough, Ontario , M1C 1E9
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Lead Pastor will shepherd the membership/congregation by providing spiritual guidance, preaching and teaching God’s word, and leading GCF Toronto in realizing its vision. He is a “person of God”, spiritually-mature, biblically focused, evangelistic, and community-oriented.
OVERVIEW OF THE CHURCH:
GCF Toronto (http://gcftoronto.org/) is a church-plant of GCF in the Philippines. It was founded in 2007 and has been instrumental in planting 6 other GCF churches across Canada. While members are mostly Filipinos, it is intentionally multicultural. It is a CBOQ-affiliated evangelical Christian church that currently meets at the Salvation Army West Hill Community Church in Scarborough. It is a Christ-centered, bible believing church that seeks to fulfill the purposes of God in its location and beyond through purpose-driven evangelism and discipleship. It aims to experience what it is: to be part of God’s family as we seek to live out the Gospel, to learn how to follow Jesus, to serve others through kingdom-building gift-based ministries, and to worship God in meaningful ways.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Outreach and Evangelism: The Lead Pastor actively shares the Good News of Salvation and explains the Christian faith to members and people outside the church. He equips and encourages the membership to be actively involved in evangelism and global missions.
- Preaching and Teaching: The lead Pastor makes the Gospel and the Word of God relevant to people’s lives. He preaches with clarity and conviction the whole counsel of God. The Lead Pastor teaches others and helps them to understand and know the key and basic principles of Christian growth and development. He leads in Bible Studies and special classes.
- Pastoral Care, Family Ministry, and Community-oriented Life: The Lead Pastor practices “care of souls”. He provides spiritual support and encouragement to those who are hurting. The Lead Pastor teaches and encourages parents in establishing strong Christian homes and marriages. He champions community-oriented life by doing follow ups, visitations, prayer, counseling, attending fellowship and small group activities.
- Leadership Development: The Lead Pastor works with members and leaders to develop their gifts and skills in ministry/leadership.
- Master’s degree from an accredited Bible school/Theological seminary accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (North America) would be an asset.
- Willing to be accredited by the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec (CBOQ).
- Permanent Resident or Citizen of Canada with a 5-year minimum relevant ministry or pastoral experience in North America.
- You are a person of integrity manifesting the fruits of the Spirit in your life and ministry.
- You wholeheartedly love Jesus.
- You are committed to the truthfulness and authority of the Bible.
- You have fervor and proactive bias for multi-cultural outreach/evangelism, with track record in evangelizing or church planting.
- You have a passion and strong gift in the area of preaching and teaching.
- You have a warm and caring personality that members will respond to positively.
- You have a burden for fostering a strong community-oriented life.
- Follow-up Skills: Tenacity and sensitivity in conducting follow-ups, visitations, prayer, pastoral care/counselling.
- Mentoring Skills: Have the ability to disciple/mentor members & leaders, and mobilize them for kingdom-building, gift-based ministries.
- Communication Skills: Fluent in both English (for preaching) and Tagalog (for fellowship, etc.), with ability to make the gospel clear and applicable to the hearts and minds of the congregation.
- Interpersonal Skills: Team player with strong people skills.
Name: Pete Clemente
Address: 305 Morrish Road, Scarborough, ON
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 4900 ]