Director/Vice President of Marketing
Director/Vice President of Marketing
Sussex, New Brunswick , E4E 1E6
Position Title: Director/Vice President of Marketing (Role to be determined by education and experience)
Classification: Permanent, Full-time, Twelve month
Responsible To: President
The Director/Vice President of Marketing will provide strategic leadership and direction to enhance the University's reputation and awareness among its various constituencies with the goal of advancing Kingswood’s strategic goals and objectives; and strengthen support for the University and its mission. This is to be accomplished through branding, marketing communications and digital marketing.
- Develop and implement, in conjunction with the President, a comprehensive and integrated strategic marketing plan for internal and external constituencies to promote the image and mission of the University.
- Provide hands-on leadership to the components of a marketing program, including but not limited to: graphic design, market research, branding, writing, photography, videography, social media, website design.
- Cultivate trust-based relationships across the University, especially with Enrolment, Development and Academics, to develop marketing goals, establish strategies to meet those goals, implement those strategies, and measure success.
- Create and oversee a marketing team, utilizing internal and external resources, that provides Kingswood with all the resources required to implement an efficient and effective marketing plan.
- Establish an overall culture of excellence in all aspects of Kingswood’s marketing that strives for professionalism and to deliver world-class products and services.
- Develop and manage the marketing budget ensuring that the University receives the highest quality marketing for the lowest price.
- Foster internal support for campus-wide marketing efforts including inspiring loyalty for the KU brand proposition and build a sense of ambassadorship among members of the KU family.
- Regularly assess marketing effectiveness, evaluate new opportunities, and make adjustments to meet changing market conditions and to achieve goals.
- Assure that market intelligence is received and analyzed to facilitate better-integrated marketing communication decision making.
- Assist the President in representing Kingswood University externally.
- Advise the President on all matters related to marketing.
- Serve on the Administrative Cabinet.
- Chair Marketing Advisory Committee.
- Build and develop the University Marketing department’s capabilities and tools to ensure effectiveness.
- Ensure all integrated marketing and brand development opportunities being pursued are consistent with the University’s strategy.
- View position as a ministry including attending chapel and mentoring students in their Christian walk as opportunities arise in the fulfillment of responsibilities.
- A degree in marketing and at least ten years of progressive experience in the field with preference given to experience in higher education.
- Knowledge of all aspects of marketing, communications and public relations.
- Ability to pursue, manage and monitor multiple integrated marketing opportunities simultaneously to meet performance goals.
- Project management and additional skill related to marketing which could include website development/management, writing, graphic design, videography, etc.
- Proficiency in popular social media platforms and ability to generate analytic data measuring its impact.
- Ability to interpret analytic data to make informed decisions and optimize returns on investment.
- Director/Vice President level skills and experience including self-motivation, goal accomplishment, and work prioritization.
- Strong leadership and supervisory abilities.
- Good interpersonal communication skills including listening, relating, diplomacy, tact and creative problem solving.
- Positive personal characteristics of attitude, flexibility, initiative, persistence, professional appearance and presentation, and team spirit.
- Strategic thinker.
- Understanding of and ability to communicate Christian values and beliefs to students.
- Exemplary Christian Character and lifestyle in agreement with the membership commitments for leaders of The Wesleyan Church and ministry and mission focus of the University.
- Genuine and evident love for other persons demonstrated by consistent spirit of kindness, compassion and respect for all other persons.
- Integrity and moral excellence, with life above reproach.
- Commitment to enthusiastically assist in fulfillment of Kingswood University’s mission.
General University Information
Kingswood University is owned by The Wesleyan Church. The mission of Kingswood is to serve Jesus Christ by strengthening the local and global church through forming Christ-like servant leaders in a community that creatively blends academic excellence and practical ministry experience with intentional spiritual formation.
Direct Resumes to:
Dr. Stephen Lennox
26 Western St., PO Box 5125
Sussex, NB, E4E 5L2
Phone: (506) 432-4411
Fax: (506) 432-4425
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 4907 ]