Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors.
Street Level Team Lead
Street Level Team Lead
Red Deer, Alberta
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services - food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta.
The Mustard Seed helps improve the lives of adult Albertans experiencing poverty by building community, growing hope and supporting change. Through enhanced visibility, relationship building, and community outreach, Street Level Services strives to make the Red Deer ministry center a safe and welcoming environment for guests, donors and volunteers. The Street Level Team Lead, gives leadership to the Street Level Team in Red Deer.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide daily leadership to Street Level Team in the completion of their daily responsibilities within the Red Deer ministry center;
- Provide spiritual oversight to the Street Level Team by supporting staff and facilitating regular devotionals with the team;
- Provide oversight in the very important work of building trusted relationships with the most vulnerable citizens in Central Alberta who access the programs and services at The Mustard Seed;
- Supervise building access, security of the property both internal and external, the receiving and receipt of donations;
- Plan and execute programming that will engage our guests that offers fellowship, hope and healing
- Train, supervise, schedule, and evaluate the Street Level Team, promoting professional development through effective praise and purposeful feedback;
- Build strategy with the Director of Central Alberta on providing Outreach to our most vulnerable citizens in Red Deer;
- Monitor guest activities within the Red Deer ministry center and around the building, providing crisis intervention as required;
- Ensure the Street Level team maintain an enhanced visible presence across the property, perceiving and responding to opportunities that will optimize safety, and build community;
- Greet and ensure volunteers and donors are treated with excellence and appreciation;
- Attend meetings and training as assigned;
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma preferred;
- 1+ years of leadership experience;
- Experience working in a Frontline capacity;
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills, ability to provide positive & critical feedback;
- Knowledge and experience working mental health issues and addictions;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications and particularity strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook;
- Customer service experience;
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a cross-functional team;
- Desire to serve in a Christian ministry and to be in a place to provide spiritual oversight of the team;
- Strong desire to work with a marginalized population;
- Experience working with volunteers.
- This position is a permanent full-time role that requires a variety of hours including daytime and evening hours from Monday to Friday (subject to change);
- This position requires the occasional availability to work and support The Mustard Seed events on weekends;
- This position will require working inside and outside in various climates, and will involve moderate levels of physical effort, including but not limited to, standing for long periods, walking, climbing stairs, bending, lifting, and pushing donation carts;
- This position requires moderate amounts of mental effort;
- Adapting to an often fast-paced environment, operating a computer, using two-way radio communications, perceiving and quickly responding to crises within and around The Mustard Seed.
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days. The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 4912 ]