Montreal, Quebec , H2X 2N6
Montreal Chinese Baptist Church
Montreal Chinese Baptist Church, Montreal, QC (Canada), is faithful tri-congregational evangelical church seeking a Senior Pastor who desires to share their passion and life in Christ with MCBC brothers and sisters. MCBC is looking for a servant who is called by the Holy Spirit to lead, oversee and coordinate its growing ministries with a qualified pastoral team and other hardworking and mature church leaders.
Overview of Church and Community
Established 1975, MCBC has an estimated 200 members within 3 different congregations. Each congregation has its own leadership committee overseeing its children ministry, Sunday school, worship ministries, evangelism, fellowship and caring ministry but all 3 congregations share a unified leadership board. We have 3 adult worship services as well as 3 established Sunday school ministries; Cantonese, Mandarin and English. We also have a booming children ministry serviced by leaders and volunteers from all 3 congregations.
Located in Downtown Montreal, just North of the Chinatown and south of McGill University, we have been a hub for students attending universities nearby. Historically, since we are close to Chinatown, many of our church members have come from that area.
Our mission is to evangelize to the unreached in Montreal (one of the most thriving and growing mission field in North America) and the world and to equip saints for effective ministries to glorify God. In 1995, the church had a Church-planting vision which materialized in 1997 with our sister church being planted in Ville Saint-Laurent.
Members of the congregation are predominately Chinese and are Cantonese/Mandarin/English speaking.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Preach in weekly Sunday morning service
- To ensure that the congregants are well cared for by different existing ministries / pastors
- To provide counselling and conduct visitation of church attendees as needed
- Attend regular meetings of the Board of Deacons and more
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum qualification of M.Div. Having M.Th / D.Min / PhD is an asset.
- Theological education: Graduated from accredited and recognized theological seminaries.
- Preferred 5+ years experience
- Fluent in English Cantonese. Mandarin is an asset
- Team player with strong leadership and communication skills within a large tri-congregational context
- Able to communicate the Gospel to people of all ages and backgrounds
- Motivate and enable. strong relational skills and strong understanding of relational issues
- Strong gifting in the areas of teaching and preaching
- Approachable and person of honesty and integrity.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 4917 ]