Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors.
The Shop Bookkeeper
The Shop Bookkeeper
Newmarket, Ontario , L3Y 9E7
The Shop Bookkeeper
Youth Unlimited (Toronto YFC)
Are you gifted in bookkeeping with a vibrant Christian faith? Are you excited to see young people reach their full potential? The Shop, a program of Youth Unlimited (TYFC) is hiring a part-time bookkeeper.
About The Shop
The Shop is a program of Youth Unlimited (TYFC) that functions as a trades training centre serving youth ages 15-25. The Shop seeks to be a safe and orderly sanctuary where youth with life and learning barriers can experience God. At The Shop, caring mentors build relationships with youth, encouraging them to see their intrinsic value, discover their gifts, develop marketable skills and be empowered to use them to serve others.
About Youth Unlimited (Toronto YFC)
Youth Unlimited is a grassroots, faith-based agency that has served youth from all walks of life, including those who are vulnerable to poverty, homelessness, unemployment, violence and gang-involvement for 70 years. We have 60 staff, more than 600 volunteers, and over 30 programs impacting around 1,500 young people on a weekly basis. YU envisions that young people in the GTA will be transformed by God's love and life-changing power and will be a redemptive presence in this city, our nation, and beyond. What beats deeply within our hearts is the desire to help youth attain their full life potential, showing love and care for their whole person, and encouraging them to serve God as fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
The Shop Bookkeeper will join a dynamic team of youth workers providing key support. This is a part-time funded position of 6-14 hours per week with an option to raise funds to increase hours and take on additional reception/administrative responsibilities.
Specific Responsibilities of the Bookkeeper will include:
- Process, track and categorize expenses, sales and services using accounting software (Newviews & Quickbooks)
- Prepare cheques, prepare and make bank deposits
- Enter in-kind donation information into ledger as per OMVIC requirements for vehicles donated and sold
- Assist in preparation and management of the annual budget
- Assist in preparation of reports to the YU Board
- Communicate well with staff, volunteer, donors and program participants as is needed for the role
- Provide any helpful training/coaching for staff and volunteers relevant to the role
The Bookkeeper will require:
- A deep commitment to a holistic approach to proclaiming the good news of Jesus Christ and God’s Kingdom
- 1+ years experience and/or education related to accounting/finance
- Experience working for a non-profit an asset
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal/written skills for communicating with donors, staff, volunteers and program participants
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Quickbooks, Newviews (some training can be provided)
- Able to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Mark Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your resumé should note (1) your employment experience; (2) your ministry experience, whether volunteer or paid; and (3) any relevant certification. Your cover letter should include a description of: (1) how you would integrate your faith with this role; (2) your passion for serving youth; and (3) relevant bookkeeping experience. (Each response should be no more than 150 - 200 words). If you have any further questions, please contact Mark Dean at the above e-mail address or call (905) 836-1433. Deadline for applications is March 9th, 2018. Please note that only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Thank you!
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 4922 ]