Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors.
Courtice, Ontario , L1E 2N2
Director of Youth Ministry
Trulls Road Free Methodist Church
TITLE: Director of Youth Ministry
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor
HOURS: 16 – 20 hours per week including Sunday. Flex office time is acceptable.
The goal of Youth Ministry at TRFMC is to see Youth come to faith in Christ, and to encourage continued spiritual growth.
The Director will give primary leadership to a ministry that seeks to spiritually form Youth (grade 6 through grade 12). Ultimately, the desire is to see all Youth become active participants in the body of Christ.
· Cast a church-wide vision for Youth Ministry.
· Provide oversight and leadership to all areas of Youth Ministry from Grade 6-12. Some of the Youth Events could include Youth Sunday School, weekly Youth programs, Retreats, Special Events, Small Groups, Service, Mission and Evangelistic opportunities
· Co-ordinate P2P (Plan to Protect) training and procedures for all youth teachers and volunteers
· Propose and administrate Youth Ministry budget
· Recruit, equip and train adult volunteers who will serve together alongside of the Director of Youth Ministry
· Discuss, Debrief and Evaluate all aspects of Youth Ministry on a regular basis
VOLUNTEERS & EQUIPPING
· Disciple our Youth through a systematic program which is clearly outlined and articulated.
· Develop student leaders annually with an intentional effort to mentor potential leaders
· Utilize Youth Ministry training and conference events when appropriate
· Supervise the potential hiring of summer students
· Give oversight to the establishment of the seasonal and/or summer ministry programs
· Work with the Children’s Director to establish an intentional transition plan from Children’s Ministry to Youth Ministry
· Work with the Adult Ministry Leaders to establish an intentional transition plan to move our Youth from Youth Ministry into active participants in the body of Christ
· Provide good communication channels to both Youth and parents concerning Trulls’ Youth Ministry
· Take particular care in how social media is used in relating to Youth – maintaining clear boundaries and managing this type of communication with integrity
· Relate to and coordinate with the Director of Children’s Ministry around events and programs in collaborative ways with an eye to always seeing children and youth becoming disciples of Christ.
· Attend TRFMC Staff meetings as required
· Participate in the Free Methodist Church in Canada network meetings where possible
· Seek to build relationships and visibility with local schools (Courtice Secondary in particular)
· Seek to make Youth aware of other opportunities for them – programs such as FMC sponsored Youth Events, Short Term Missions, etc.
· Regularly participate in personal development, in consultation with Lead Pastor
· Participate in the Performance Plan and Appraisal Reviews
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 4928 ]