Join other pastors on March 6, 2018 for the Tyndale Preaching Conference in Toronto. Keynote speaker Dr. Torrey Robinson will speak on the theme: It's All in How You Tell It. You will also enjoy preaching workshops by local pastors.
Men's Ministry Director
Men's Ministry Director
Toronto, Ontario , M5S 2H1
Men’s Ministry Department
Director of Men’s Ministry
Work Location: Mainly at 502 Spadina Ave, some traveling is required
Status: Permanent Full time
Established in 1941, The Scott Mission is a Christian ministry serving the poor of our community.
Currently, we are looking to fill the position of Men’s Ministry Director within the Men’s Ministry Department. The successful candidate will be part of a committed and dynamic staff community living out Christian faith through our ministry of compassion and love. Inspired by the Biblical story of the Good Samaritan, we serve the urban poor, motivated by our calling to show God’s love to all.
Nature and Scope:
The Men’s Ministry Director will provide overall leadership and oversight of Scott Mission Pastoral ministries and services focused towards men; including the day, night and transformation programs and initiatives. This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Ministries.
• Hold a solid understanding of Christian Ministry and application.
• A strong belief in the true potential for people to be transformed by the inner working
of the grace of Jesus and to continue faithfully with others who are not experiencing
• Able and prepared to communicate the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ by sharing
the Gospel, modelling Christ’s love in all of their actions.
• Degree in theology, counseling, social work or equivalent.
• Proven capabilities and gifting in visioning, and leadership
• Pastoral and/ or counseling experience required; ministry leadership a strong asset
• A strong value in Christian community as an important means to provide support and
• Knowledge of issues related to case management, emergency shelter transitional and
long-term housing, discipleship and recovery.
• Ability to respond to guests with dignity, compassion, empathy, and respect.
• Ability to lead inclusive services for people of varying Christian denominations.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Committed to serving the poor, marginalized and homeless in our society.
• Demonstrated ability in dealing with issues around addictions, mental health and
barriers to homelessness.
• Ability to carry out work with integrity, respecting the confidentiality of our guests
(staff and donors).
• Excellent interpersonal skills; one to one, Leadership Team and co-workers (includes
work with possible volatile people).
• Knowledge of Christian and social services landscape in Toronto.
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
Vision and Planning
• Be an engaged and active team member on various leadership teams and
• Through the implementation of the annual operational plan, support the advancement
of the 5-year strategic plan – Journey of Transformation.
• Develop annual, monthly and weekly operational plans for program managers that
align with and support the overall vision of all ministry programs and strategic plan.
Ministry and Pastoral Care Leadership
• Responsible and accountable to the Scriptures and traditions of the Christian Church.
• Establish and build healthy Christ-honoring relationships with clients
• Encourage the spiritual growth and intentional development of staff
• Provide overall leadership of the Mission ministries and services focused towards men,
including the day, night and transformation programs.
Networking and Partnerships
• Collaborate with outside agencies, churches, and businesses as needed for client
advocacy and ministry development in ways to reflect our program and Christian
values in a positive light.
• Shelter administration duties including knowledge of Toronto Shelter Standards and
involvement City budget process
• Supervision and training of staff and conduct annual staff performance appraisals
• Liaise with various Mission departments, including food services, distribution,
housekeeping, and maintenance.
• Develop department policies and procedures
• Manage and be accountable for department budget
• Submit timely reports as may be required by Mission management.
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume with cover letter to:
The Scott Mission
502 Spadina Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5S 2H1
Attention: Mélida Smith Fax: 416-923-1067 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference Job ID: SM222
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 13, 2018 (Interviews & selection may commence prior to this date).
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls, please. For more information about The Scott Mission, please visit www.ScottMission.com.
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants must provide two professional references and a pastoral reference.
Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 4937 ]