Supervisor- Christian Child Care Centre
Supervisor- Christian Child Care Centre
Markham, Ontario , L3R 5N9
SUPEVISOR- Little Miracles Child Care & Learning Centre
We are a Christian, non-profit Child Care Centre which opened in late September 2017. We are located within St. Maurice & St. Verena Coptic Orthodox Church in Markham.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Supervisor with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience managing in a complex, multifaceted business centered on education, care-giving and guidance to staff, children and their families. Nestled in the heart of Markham, this Child Care Centre provides care to infants, toddlers and preschoolers. In September 2018 we hope to open a Christian Kindergarten program to support families seeking this type of schooling for their young children.
Terms of Employment:
Permanent, Full-Time Number of positions: 1 (one vacancy)
Relevant experience: 3-5 years Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.)
• Registered Early Childhood Educator in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators • Able to obtain a clear Vulnerable Sector Screening, First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate - Level C, and meet health requirements • Current food handlers certificate • Pastoral Reference
Centre hours are 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM - Monday to Friday, except for public holidays. Flexibility in work day to accommodate Centre hours is required. Regular work week is 40 hours.
• Ensure the delivery of a faith-based curriculum which offers a Christian worldview.
• Reports to the Board of Directors of Little Miracles Childcare & Learning Centre.
• Responsible for the overall Centre management including administration, financial management and staffing.
• Provides input and administers assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations. All expenditures need approval at the board level with a written request.
• Works with external agencies, services and resources including local community agencies within the child and family sector to provide integrated seamless programs.
- Establishes professional, positive relationships with all families and stakeholders
- Manages and ensures that standards of practice are met and exceeded according to the MEd and the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA).
- Manages the resolution of service delivery issues, including the reporting/follow-up of centre-based serious occurrences as outlined by legislation.
- Ensures the health, safety and well-being of children and staff in the Centre.
- Ensures that the Centre is compliant with all legislation, policies and procedures
- Supervises the day-to-day implementation of all programs.
- Supervises, motivates and trains staff. Promotes effective teamwork and ensures staff are engaged in continuous professional learning opportunities.
- Monitors and evaluates staff performance, oversees attendance management, authorizes and coordinates vacation requests and recommends disciplinary action when necessary
- Plans and implements parent/family involvement.
Qualifications and required skills and credentials
• Must provide at least two employment related references as well as a pastoral reference
• 3-5 years’ experience working in a licensed child care centre
• Knowledge of employment standards, labour relations principles and practices, and relevant employment legislation, including human rights and occupational health and safety
• Extensive knowledge of child development, current research and initiatives related to the early learning and the child care field
• Knowledge of the ELECT Document, How Does Learning Happen?, Think, Feel, Act
• Exceptional organizational and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize different competing requirements simultaneously
• Excellent command of the English language (both oral and written), highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to co-operate, follow instructions and make difficult decisions
• Strong conflict resolution skills and sound judgement
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Publisher and the ability to learn new programs, as required. Intermediate knowledge of technology tools and website related programs
• Expected physical demands: standing, sitting for extended periods, climbing stairs, lifting heavy objects up to 50 lbs., bending, twisting and working in varied weather conditions indoors and outdoors.
How to Apply: e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 4940 ]