Bayview Kids Coordinator
Bayview Kids Coordinator
Thornhill, Ontario , L3T 1A7
BAYVIEW KIDS COORDINATOR
Thank you for your interest in being a part of what God is doing in and through Bayview Glen Church!
We’re eager to meet people who have a growing relationship with God and a desire to impact the world with the love and message of Jesus Christ.
Accepting a position of employment at Bayview Glen means you share our commitment to living a life that reflects our Mission and Core Values. This commitment must be based on the firm conviction that no matter what role a person plays on our staff, integrity is essential. Those we serve must see a consistency in our faith and how we express that faith in our daily lives and in our service together. In other words, “how” we live and serve is as important as “what” we do in our individual roles and responsibilities. Consequently, Bayview Glen employees have a great responsibility to be examples to one another, to our church family, and to the world. This means at minimum, if hired, you would make Bayview Glen your church home, the place where you worship and serve.
If you are able to make these commitments, we encourage you to continue with the employment application. If you are not able to do so at this time, we encourage you to explore the many other ways you can connect, grow and serve at Bayview Glen Church! Go to www.bayviewglen.org to learn more.
BAYVIEW KIDS COORDINATOR DETAILS
Location: Bayview Glen Church
Department: Children’s Ministry- “Bayview Kids”
Company Class: Part Time (10 hrs/week)
Schedule: Sundays 5 hours, Wednesdays 5 hours
The Children’s Ministry (Bayview Kids) at Bayview Glen is seeking passionate leaders looking for part-time opportunities to support the great work of Bayview Kids during weekend services. Our goal at Bayview Kids is to “allow children to experience the wonder of God’s love and drag their parents back to church”
As a Bayview Kids Coordinator your primary responsibility is to lead a team of volunteers. This is a part-time, hourly position scheduled for 10 hours per week
- Bachelor's degree in related area of study (i.e. theology, child development, children ministry).
- Experience in a supervisory experience, preferably in a ministry or childcare setting.
- Minimum of one year experience working with children (newborn – grade 6).
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with people/volunteers.
- Experience working or volunteering in a fast-paced, child-friendly environment.
- Proficient with computers (MS Office and Mac software and asset).
- Outgoing and passionate about empowering others.
- Ability to solve problems, resolve conflict, and mentor volunteers when appropriate.
- Ability to handle confidential matters and material with excellence.
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. may be required
- Experience planning, scheduling, and leading a childcare program or student ministry environment.
- Strong Biblical knowledge
- Experience with training, mentoring and scheduling volunteers.
- Experience with Planning Centre, or similar church management system/software.
- Serve under and assist the Family Pastor and Children’s Director with building and leading a volunteer team as well as provide leadership to one of the Bayview Kids ministry areas:
- Juniors: Infants, Toddlers, Preschoolers & Kindergarten
- Elementary: Grades 1-6
- Worship: Infants-Grade 6
- Oversee and assist in preparing classroom environments for weekend services.
- Assist in developing, managing, preparing and facilitating the Bayview Kids curriculum in one of the aforementioned ministry areas.
- Assist in providing a safe, fun, meaningful, and engaging worship experience for children during weekend services.
- Establish and maintain relationships with children, parents, and volunteers.
- Assist in planning and executing events such as Easter, Fall Festival, Christmas, and Family Experiences.
- Attend weekly Bayview Kids ministry staff meetings as requested.
- Identify, invite, and help interview new volunteers.
- Ensure proper volunteer to child ratio during every service
- Train and resource volunteers.
- Maintain a monthly schedule of volunteers.
- Direct your volunteers during each service.
- Meet with your volunteers 15 minutes before check-in for instruction and prayer.
- Prepare your volunteers to implement weekend lesson elements.
- Be present during your service hour(s) to answer any questions or meet needs that your volunteers have.
- Connect your volunteers to available training resources and events.
- Nurture, communicate, coach, affirm, and provide feedback to your volunteers as a team and as individuals.
- Build strong relationships with your volunteers.
- Foster community among your team of volunteers through social events, outreach opportunities, and more.
- Communicate weekly with your team.
- Gather feedback, recognize, and celebrate your volunteers.
- Empower your volunteers to do ministry and increase in ministry responsibilities.
- Provide ongoing development for you volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please send resume with cover letter and include “Bayview Kids Coordinator” in the subject line to the attention of Andy Notice at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 4958 ]