Bayview Kids Director - Maternity Leave (15 months)
Bayview Kids Director - Maternity Leave (15 months)
Thornhill, Ontario , L3T 1A7
Part-time Staff Position: BAYVIEW KIDS DIRECTOR, Maternity Leave - 15 months
Bayview Glen Church is looking for a gifted individual who will provide leadership, administrative support, and direction for the Bayview Kids Coordinators and SERVE Teams as it pertains to the vision, mission, and strategy for Bayview Glen Children’s Ministry (infants to grade 5). He or she will join Bayview Kids leadership team whose goal is to provide a gospel-centered experience whereby children will be given the opportunity to become lifetime followers of Jesus.
This is a part-time, salaried position that reports directly to the Family Pastor. Working hours are flexible and would require some evenings and/or weekends.
About Bayview Glen Church
Mission: Bayview Glen Church exists to glorify God, foster community, and make disciples.
Vision: Bayview Glen Church is a diverse community of Christ-followers that lives out the grace of God, serves the GTA, and reaches the ends of the earth.
History: Bayview Glen Church (a member of the Christian and Missionary Alliance of Canada) is rooted in a rich, Christ-honouring history. Bayview Glen was originally founded in the heart of Toronto as Avenue Road Church in 1941. For more than 30 years, the Avenue Road congregation grew both spiritually and numerically at its downtown location. Pastors like Dr. A.W. Tozer and Dr. Ken Oppermann served this church faithfully during those early years. In 1970, Avenue Road Church called Arnold Reimer as its next Senior Pastor. God gave Pastor Reimer a vision of the new church location where there would be great opportunity to reach the growing and increasingly diverse population of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). In 1978, the first service was held here on the campus at Bayview and Steeles and the congregation became known as Bayview Glen Church.
In 2013, Bayview Glen Church celebrated 35 years of productive ministry at their current location; the church stands on the shoulders of the visionary, sacrificial leadership of those that came before and continues to honour Jesus above all else. Bayview Glen maintains a strong commitment to biblical preaching, community service, international missions, and personal evangelism. And with over 100 nationalities represented on any given Sunday morning, the congregation reflects the diversity that has come to define the GTA.
Location: Bayview Glen Church is located in Markham, Ontario—on the northern boundary of Metropolitan Toronto, which is often identified as the world’s most ethnically diverse city. As a result, more than 100 nationalities and more than 60 mother tongues are represented in the 800-900 congregants that attend Bayview Glen on an average Sunday. Within a commutable distance there are many excellent public schools and private schools, sports and community activities, parks, shopping, and more.
Where we are headed: In the past 36 months, Bayview Glen has grown from a church of 475 on an average Sunday to a church of 1200+. As a result, Bayview Glen has launched an additional Sunday worship services in order to accommodate attendance.
Subsequently in the last 18 months, our children's ministry, Bayview Kids, has also grown from 48 - to over 150+ kids on a Sunday morning. In order to accommodate our growth we are committed to expanding our Family Ministry team so that we are able to continue to provide children and parents with the life changing power of the gospel in a fun, engaging and transforming way.
Position objective: The primary objective of the Bayview Kids Director will be to help develop and manage our Bayview kids programming for children from infants to Grade 5. Working with the Family Pastor and the Bayview Kids Coordinators, this person will be an integral part of the Family Ministry leadership team. They will oversee all of the Bayview kids communication including social media. They will help to create and develop a comprehensive discipleship model in conjunction with the Youth Director and Family Pastor which encompasses everyone one from infants to college age. They will manage all aspects of the Sunday morning Bayview Kids experience from classroom prep to curriculum management to parent support. The Bayview Kids Director will work closely with the Family Pastor to help shape the vision and mission of Bayview Kids, helping it to become one of the most dynamic and impactful children's ministries in the GTA.
Capabilities and Characteristics:
- Spiritually and emotionally mature Christian with a solid knowledge of God’s Word and a passionate desire to see kids and families changed by the Gospel.
- A gifted servant with extensive experience in and demonstrated ability to manage Children’s Ministry in a growing church.
- Mission-oriented, fully embracing the overall church vision, mission, and values.High capacity leader with demonstrated expertise in identifying, developing, equipping, and empowering emerging leaders.
- A capable administrator and manager who is comfortable working in a dynamic fast pace ministry, being able to prepare well and make quick decisions, can envision, develop, take risks, and independently execute plans with excellence yet can also function collaboratively and adapt as needed.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to oversee the development and implementation of authentic, creative, and engaging programs for children.
- Empathetic and inspiring leader with a high standard of excellence who is able to recruit, inspire, train and appreciate Bayview Kids Serve Team Members.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in related area of study.
- Minimum of 5 years experience planning, scheduling, and leading a Christian childcare or student ministry environment.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience, preferably in a ministry setting.
- Proficient with computers and a minimum of 5 years experience with MS Office.
- Experience with Planning Centre or similar church management system/software.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication (both written and verbal) to provide exceptional care for children, parents, and volunteers.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in budget planning, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Demonstrated success in the recruitment and leadership of SERVE Teams.
- Ability to lovingly resolve conflict and do initial counselling with families when appropriate.
- Ability to perform quality, detailed work with an eye for excellence.
- Ability to troubleshoot when complications arise and offer creative and strategic solutions.
Provides Oversight To:
- Sunday morning Bayview Kids Coordinators (Junior, Elementary & Worship)
- 100 Bayview Kids Serve Team Members
- Oversee and manage the Bayview Kids Serve Team.
- Work with co-coordinators to ensure that Bayview Kids environments are prepared and maintained for services each week.
- Work with the Family Pastor to maintain Bayview Kids budget.
- Work with the Family Pastor to ensure that all Bayview Kids services and programs are God-centered, inspiring, safe, and done with excellence.
- Work with the Bayview Kids leadership team to plan and implement discipleship milestones as well as special events for families.
- Evaluate the Bayview Kids ministry and provide improvement steps on a regular basis.
- Provide care and communication with Bayview Kids parents and families.
- Maintain the Bayview Kids communication and social media accounts with input from the Family Pastor and or Communications Director.
- Assist with Bayview Kids core curriculum as needed.
- Work with Family Pastor and Youth Director to create a comprehensive discipleship program that encompasses all students from birth to college.
- Assist with the Bayview Kid summer camp.
- Attend weekly staff and Bayview Kids staff meetings as required.
- Handle confidential and non-routine information and explain policies when necessary.
- Should maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer and social community.
- Create and maintain a culture of care and appreciation for Serve Team Members.
- Help to foster an environment of ownership and excellence among Serve Team Members.
- Invest weekly to ensure volunteerism and leadership development is healthy and growing.
- Work with Bayview Kids leadership team to maintain a creative, compelling, and empowering training program.
- Help volunteers recognize and develop their spiritual gifts as they serve in ministry.
Hiring process: Interviews with Family Pastor, pastoral leadership, and is confirmed by HR committee.
Reports to: Family Pastor
Relates closely with: Children's Ministry Team, Facilities Team, and Office Administration Team.
Typical workweek: Sundays for worship services (currently 9:30 & 11:15am) and some office days throughout the week.
Please send resume with cover letter and include “Bayview Kids Director” in the subject line to the attention of Andy Notice at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 4959 ]