Shelter Supervisor - Night
Shelter Supervisor - Night
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services - food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta.
The Shelter Supervisor - Night works alongside the Shelter Support Workers and the volunteers on the front line, and is responsible for the running of basic services at the shelter. The Support Workers report directly to the Supervisor. The person filling this role is in charge and makes the final decision when it comes to matters occurring on the floor. This position reports directly to the Basic Services Manager.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the daily follow through of Night Support Worker’s responsibilities.
- Train, supervise, and mentor employees and volunteers.
- Enforce guest suspensions when necessary.
- Provide feedback to their team members regularly and conduct monthly one on ones.
- Facilitate weekly team debriefs.
- Advise Management when disciplinary measures towards staff are required.
- Be a supportive and proactive team-mate to fellow support staff.
- Provide crisis intervention as required.
- Attend meetings and training as assigned.
- Support and work alongside volunteers.
- Support The Mustard Seed’s ministry through spiritual leadership within the Mustard Seed Community.
- Act as a positive Mustard Seed Ambassador.
- Oversee scheduling of staff and update payroll information.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum 2 years of experience working as a frontline Support Worker;
- Strong leadership, people, and communication skills;
- Knowledge of mental illness and addictions;
- Customer service experience;
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a cross-functional team;
- Desire to serve in a Christian street ministry;
- Strong desire to work with a marginalized population;
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Shifts are 12 hours long (Overnight), and rotational: 4 days one week, 3 days the next;
- This position is often fast-paced, and requires moderate amount of mental effort to analyze information and problem solve;
- This position requires the training and usage of two-way radio communications, MS Office based programs, as well as the HMIS database system;
- Working with an at-risk population in life recovery.
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days. The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 4984 ]