Volunteer Services Coordinator
Volunteer Services Coordinator
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services—food, clothing and housing, and support services—education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta.
The Volunteer Services Coordinator assists the Volunteer Resources team with the daily administrative and operational duties of the department. The ideal candidate is a positive, friendly person with proven customer service and professional administrative skills. This candidate must have a desire to serve our community participants, support staff and build community.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the intake of short-term/long-term volunteers including telephone interviews, background screening, training and placement
- Recruit and facilitate volunteer individuals and groups including the organizing and scheduling of meal groups
- Work with the Team Lead Volunteer Services and liaise with program staff to create opportunities and to streamline existing volunteer workflows
- Maintain relationships with third-party organizations that provide community service participants and volunteers
- Maintain systems and procedures for volunteer appreciation, development and training.
- Responding to volunteer inquiries via email and phone
- Providing volunteers and staff with essential information regarding day-to-day program information
- Guide and support staff in their supervision, evaluation and recognition of volunteers
- Consistent improvement of volunteer processes including recruitment, engagement and retention
- Daily maintenance of the volunteer database
- Other duties as assigned by Team Lead Volunteer Services and Program Director
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A passion to be part of ending homelessness in Alberta
- University Degree or equivalent work experience in a relevant field would be an asset (i.e. Human Resources, Administration, Volunteer Management, Customer Service, etc.)
- Strong competency and experience using data management systems, software programs and MS Office
- Previous experience working with volunteers or working as a volunteer
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced role that involves multi-tasking and managing a diverse workload
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and with multiple teams
- Excellent problem-solving and customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent administration, time management and organizational skills.
- Previous experience working with a marginalized population, particularly the homeless is considered an asset
- Full-time position—Monday to Friday; occasional evenings and weekends as required
- Vulnerable Sector Check, Driver’s Abstract and Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days. The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 4985 ]