Waterloo, Ontario , N2J 2N3
Lincoln Road Chapel is poised for renewed growth and powerful Kingdom impact for God’s glory.
We are seeking a missionally-focused Lead Pastor as we seek to answer God’s call to grow and lovingly reach out to our community for Him.
The Lead Pastor, working collaboratively with the Leadership Team (elders) and LRC staff, will inspire and equip the people of LRC to fulfill this mission. The Lead Pastor will:
- have a vibrant personal walk with God.
- have a deep knowledge of the Bible and the ability to handle the scriptures well.
- be passionate about engaging people, both inside and outside the church, and fostering a loving church community.
- be visionary and creative, but also have the skills and gifts to lead the church from ideas to fruitful action.
Our Vision is:
To Become a Thriving Community of Christ-followers
Our Mission is to:
Love God, Serve People, and Make Disciples who will continue Jesus’ mission
LRC is an ethnically-diverse, non-denominational church located in Waterloo, Ontario. We have two congregations: 300 adults worshipping in English and 100 adults worshipping in Mandarin. We value wholehearted worship and share Communion each week during our worship service. On Sunday mornings, we have programming from nursery to youth that includes children from both congregations. During the week, LRC runs small groups, junior and senior youth ministry, prayer groups, pastoral care, visitation, a refugee sponsorship program, as well as a vibrant Celebrate Recovery Program. We also devote a sizeable area of our building to practical ministries to low-income or marginalized people in our community.
LRC has a strong history of church planting (six churches planted since 1971) and ministry to post-secondary students. We believe God is calling us to reinvigorate these areas of ministry.
Our History and Our Building
Our church was founded in Waterloo in 1971 as Lakeshore Bible Chapel with roots in the Brethren movement. In 2002, we acquired a new building and changed our name to Lincoln Road Chapel to reflect our desire to be a local church. Our 50,000 square foot building has incredible ministry potential. It includes a 400-seat auditorium, a wood floor gym, large meeting rooms, several classrooms, and extensive office space. We currently lease space to Vision Ministries Canada, a large English as a Second Language program, and a daycare centre.
LRC is governed by a Leadership Team of 10 men and women. The Lead Pastor would become a member of the Leadership Team. The church has a staff of 12 full and part-time employees, along with many key volunteers.
Waterloo Region is a growing, diverse and vibrant community of over 530,000 people located just an hour’s drive west of Toronto. The Region is home to three major post-secondary institutions, as well as world-class technology companies and financial institutions. Waterloo Region has a strong community spirit, but there are many people who are materially and spiritually needy. There is much opportunity for impact for God’s Kingdom.
The Lead Pastor will take the lead in creating an environment which encourages the people of LRC to pursue courageously its Mission and Vision to be a community of Christ-followers who will continue the mission of Jesus in Waterloo Region. With this missional focus, the Lead Pastor will develop strategies to use our committed people and our remarkable building to impact Waterloo Region for the Kingdom of God.
The Lead Pastor will:
- be an active member of the Leadership Team as it provides overall leadership and direction to LRC.
- work collaboratively, in particular with the Executive Pastor, to nurture and inspire the rest of the staff and volunteers.
- work closely with the worship leaders to encourage Christ-centred, engaging worship services.
Outreach and Discipleship
The Lead Pastor will:
- oversee the discipleship process to help people far from God have the opportunity to know the love of Christ and receive His Gospel.
- ensure that all people at LRC, at all stages of their journey of faith, have opportunities to grow and serve.
- use culturally relevant strategies that will have an impact in our post-modern society.
The Lead Pastor will work collaboratively with the Preaching Team to develop an annual teaching plan and will preach on a majority of Sunday mornings. Preaching must be both solidly grounded in the Bible as well as relevant to the lives of both newcomers and regular LRC attendees.
Pastoral Love and Care
The Lead Pastor will actively engage with and care for the people of LRC to ensure that they know they are loved as part of our Christian community.
- Heart of a shepherd: passion for people, including those who are far from God
- Proven ability in evangelism
- Proven ability to preach and teach
- Fervent prayer life
- Integrity and high ethical standards
- Strategic thinker and creative problem-solver
- Inspiring leader
- Team player: fosters church unity
- Respect for LRC’s theology
- Long-term commitment to the local church
- Committed to ongoing growth and development as a pastor and leader
A relevant Masters degree or equivalent.
5+ years of experience in a similar position.
HOW TO APPLY
We look forward to hearing from you. Please send your cover letter and resume, along with an audio file or a link to a recent sermon, to:
Lead Pastor Search Team
Lincoln Road Chapel
145 Lincoln Road
Note: We will treat all responses in confidence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 4989 ]