Director of Witness
Director of Witness
Toronto, Ontario , M4W 1C8
St. Paul’s Bloor Street (SPBS) is a vibrant Anglican church located in the heart of downtown Toronto. We are looking for a professional, outgoing, dependable and enthusiastic individual with a passion for people and a strong desire to serve, learn and grow. As part of the SPBS team, the Director of Witness will report to the Senior Minister (Rector) and be responsible to plan, coordinate, and lead the evangelistic and missional outreach ministries of SPBS. The Director of Witness will demonstrate their commitment to Jesus Christ and a passion for expressing the saving grace of God’s love through Jesus Christ to all people.
- Develops, plans and implements vital, comprehensive evangelistic initiatives for the parish including welcome and connection strategies.
- Provides leadership and direction to evangelistic events, including but not limited to, Christmas and Easter.
- Collaborates with ministry leaders to encourage and support their ministry with evangelistic vision.
- Organize and oversee courses that emphasizes the discovery and core beliefs of the Christian faith.
- Provides research, resources and practical application to facilitate evangelism initiatives within the congregation.
- Develop a cohesive missional outreach plan that integrates the SPBS discipleship formation process into a living faith of service enabling people to reach others with Christian love.
- Oversee and develop missional outreach-associated programs with experiential opportunities for the community of SPBS to learn and practice the Biblical principles of evangelism and service.
- Build and nurture partnerships with community outreach partners. And other duties as required.
- Possess a Master of Divinity or equivalent education
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication and networking skills
- Proactive, energetic team player that’s able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong leadership skills with a proven ability to solve problems, resolve conflict and coach others
- Administrative skills to provide an innovative approach to projects, manage teams, and monitor budgets
- Proficiency in the use of appropriate technology and willingness to use social media
- Fluency with the English language – ability to speak, read and comprehend
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Willing to submit to a Police background check and comply with the policies of SPBS
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of St. Paul’s Bloor Street
- This full-time position is available immediately.
- Hours: 40 hours per week with flexibility to accommodate evenings and weekends. Core weekly hours are Sunday: 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Monday to Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience and includes benefits
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
St. Paul’s Bloor Street Anglican Church
227 Bloor St E, Toronto, ON M4W 1C8
Or firstname.lastname@example.org (If applying via email, please put “Director of Witness” in the subject line)
No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed as received. We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 4997 ]