Kelowna, British Columbia , V1Y 6G2
Breakthrough Ministries International is a rapidly expanding Christian Apostolic Center based in beautiful Kelowna B.C.
We are looking for a full time experienced Bookkeeper to join our Accounting Team. The successful candidate is responsible for providing bookkeeping for the Ministry and Be a Hero, the missions arm of the Ministry.
Candidates must be adaptable to the multiple demands of the position and be comfortable working independently, and as part of our team. As a part of our Breakthrough Staff, you would be required to work flexible hours on occasion, to accomodate weekend and evening schools and events, as needed.
This position reports to the Director of Finance.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Processes credit card transactions, monitors balances and filing of receipts
- Posting transactions to Sage 50 and reconciling accounts
- Posting disbursements and cheques
- Processing of donations and recording of transactions into CRM and filing receipts
- Keep Director informed on status of accounts and issues as required
- Prepare cash flow statements as required for President
- Previous Non Profit Christian organization experience highly desirable
- 1 -3 years of experience of hands on, bookkeeping and/or accounting experience
- Completion of High School Diploma and in pursuit of/or completed Post Secondary Diploma or certificate in Accounting or Bookkeeping
- Proficiency in MS Office Excel and Word
- Previous experience working with Sage 50 Software
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workloads, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Flexibility with work hours when required
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 5053 ]