Kelowna, British Columbia , V1Y 6G2
Breakthrough Ministries International is a rapidly expanding Christian Apostolic Center, hosting conferences and events primarily in Canada and USA, based in beautiful Kelowna, B.C. We are looking for an enthusiastic Events Coordinator with a proven track record. Key duties include the ability to organize and administrate a variety of events from our office in Kelowna; including but not limited to conferences, workshops, and out-of-town trips. The Events Coordinator will work under the oversight of the Events Director.
- - Event planning and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
- - Liaison with host organizations to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction
- - Gather information and negotiating contracts prior to closing deals
- - Organize facilities and manage events details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, speakers, equipment, etc.
- - Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- - Communicate with marketing and PR to promote and publicize event.
- - Pro-actively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- - Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes
- - Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest in collaboration with the Marketing Department - Set up and oversee event registration including communication with attendees
- - Strong relational skills.
- - Efficiency and speed in task management.
- - Ability to be flexible with sudden changes.
- - Proven experience in administration or as an events organizer.
- *Portfolio of previously managed events (ministry, travel or a variety of corporate events) is beneficial.
- - Leadership ability to delegate tasks or projects to other departments and to follow up.
- - Excellent time management and communication skills
- - Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects independently
- - MS Office proficiency and ability to learn other programs for event management.
- - Must be able to work with a team.
- - Willing to submit references from previous clients
- - Must have a vehicle
- - Work hours / availability on weekends and evenings will occur at the time of events.
- - Work week on a regular week is Monday - Thursday from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- - Working in a uplifting and thriving ministry
- - Lively environment for spiritual and personal growth with opportunities to receive training from guest speakers and teachers.
- - Full Health Benefits
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 5055 ]