Youth and Childrens Pastor
Youth and Childrens Pastor
Clarenville, Newfoundland & Labrador , A5A 4P6
Who are we??
With origins that can be traced back to almost twenty years, New Life Community Church is a non-denominational fellowship of Christ-seekers who want to be a safe harbor for those who are seeking a relationship with Jesus. We also want to “keep it very plain and simple” – love God and love people – because God is into loving people. We are imperfect people striving to become more Christ-like, not just on Sundays, but in the way we live our lives every day. We want to be relevant, down-to-earth and real by connecting to people and the community.
We feel like God has positioned us to reach the un-churched and the de-churched in the Clarenville area. Our desire is to encourage all to attain an accurate revelation of who they are in Jesus Christ – that in Jesus Christ we are: Complete, Accepted, Secure and Significant. At New Life Community Church there is no judgement but acceptance and encouragement that we all step into purpose and destiny by becoming all that God calls us to be.
Ministry Position Description
New Life Community Church is currently seeking applications to fill the new role of Youth and Children’s Pastor. Under the direct leadership of the Senior Pastor, the successful candidate will provide direct leadership in all areas of Youth and Children's Ministries. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual that will take Youth and Children's ministry from the ground up to form a cutting edge spiritual environment for the youth and children of our church and our community. He or she will be dedicated to building these ministries, while mentoring and equipping youth and children to be everything they have been called to be.
• Provide leadership to all areas of Youth and Children's Ministry.
• Develop and implement strategies to engage with youth, children and their families that are not presently attending church. This includes but is not limited to getting involved with school functions (Breakfast program, community events, etc.) and planning VBS type events.
• Organize and lead a weekly gathering of youth from the ages of 12 – 18.
• Organize, mentor and lead teachers of Kid's Church during Sunday worship services including preparing lessons and obtaining materials required for Kid's Church.
• Create, plan and manage new Youth and Children's ministry initiatives.
• Prepare a ministry plan for Youth and Children's ministries including a vision and mission that lines up with the vision of New Life Community Church.
• Plan and lead all fundraising events for Youth and Children's ministries (ex: YC).
• Develop a financial budget for both ministries and manage both ministries within that budget.
• Preach/teach at youth and children's events, along with weekly youth meetings and Sunday morning church services as required.
• Prepare reports and ministry updates as requested from the senior pastor.
• Must be willing to get involved with other ministry responsibilities not set out in this position description as time and workload allows.
• Must have graduated from a recognized Bible College specifically with training in Bible Theology and Youth or Children's ministry
• Strong leadership qualities
• Must have a passion for Youth and Children's ministry
• Organized and good time management skills
• Music training and or experience in worship leading is an asset
• Previous experience would be an asset
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 5058 ]