Part Time Front Line Supervisor
Part Time Front Line Supervisor
Brampton, Ontario , L6X 3C9
Mission and Values Statement
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charitable movement, active in over 128 countries worldwide. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Mission of The Salvation Army is to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs, and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. This is expressed in spiritual ministry, and also by a wide variety of social services, which are extended without discrimination as to race or creed.
There are three Core Values of our Faith: Salvation, Holiness, and Intimacy with God.
Rooted in these three values are the seven core operational values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada & Bermuda Territory.
Compassion: We reach out to others and care for them.
Respect: We promote the dignity of all persons.
Excellence: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy and accountable.
Relevance: We are committed to the pursuit of innovation and effectiveness.
Co-operation: We encourage and foster teamwork and partnerships.
Celebration: We give thanks by marking milestones and successes.
The powerful mission and core values of The Salvation Army serve as significant attractors for those people who choose to join the organization, which has been serving the under-served and evolving for 150 years.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for supervision of relief front line staff working on weekends to ensure a safe and secure environment for residents/clients and provide practical support to reintegrate into the community
- Responsible for setting up monthly work schedule to cover weekends
- Monitor staff and client activity on a regular basis
- Possess the ability to work with initial screenings and intakes and ensure ongoing enforcement of policies
- Maintain regular supervision and annual evaluations with staff including monthly meetings
- Organize all training and development for relief staff with the Director
- Maintain relief front line staff files
- University Degree or College Diploma in Social Services Field or equivalent experience in Social Services
- Knowledge and understanding of family and intimate partner violence
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience working in residential/hostel or related service
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to function as a team member
- Possess excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Basic computer and clerical skills
- Valid certificate in First Aid/CPR and Crisis Intervention
- Clear police reference check
- Valid G class Driver’s License
HOURS: 16 hours per week
SALARY: $19.04- $25.37 per hour
Interested applicants are asked to contact LaRee Walters-Boadway by March 26, 2018
The Honeychurch Family Life Resource Centre is a short term emergency shelter for women and children escaping family violence. Within a Christian and holistic framework we provide safety, support, education and advocacy in a non-judgmental, culturally sensitive atmosphere.
We empower women to live violence free.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 5078 ]