Richmond Hill, Ontario , L4C 9X9
RICHMOND HILL CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY CHURCH
Job title Mandarin Pastor
Reports to Mandarin Pastor In Charge
This post is THE MAJOR leadership role which provides discipleship to the key leaders, such as small group leaders and fellowship committee, in the assigned fellowship. This Pastor is expected to serve in a MINOR role in one of the assigned 5C departments co-working with Deacon (Department key leader) to make departmental ministry prosper.
Duties and responsibilities
Mandarin Pastoral team:
• Provide assistance to Mandarin PIC and share responsibilities / back-up with other Mandarin Pastors;
• Preach on Sunday pulpit and teach at Sunday school and other Christian education classes as assigned;
• Attend weekly Sunday worship and share pastoral duties (such as Holy Communion, pre-worship prayer meeting, pastoral intercession, announcement, greeting) as assigned;
• Attend Prayer meetings, baptism and other RHCCC church-wide events and share pastoral duties as assigned;
• Attend weekly Mandarin staff and 3M pastoral meetings;
• Attend monthly Executive Church Board meeting;
• Attend ACEM pastoral meetings;
• Provide pastoral support in weekly chapel time;
• Check weekly Sunday bulletin;
• Assist wedding ceremony and funeral service as assigned;
• Teach pre-marital counseling sessions as assigned;
• Teach running base classes such as 201-401 as assigned;
• Personal, spiritual and marital counseling;
• Hospital visitations.
Disciple Core Fellowship Committee Leaders (Ezekiel):
• Initiate and facilitate discipleship/ leadership program;
• Serve as fellowship Pastor overseeing and coach committee spiritually.
• Confirm and enhance each member unique spiritual gifts;
• Keep committee in unity by prayer with the team constantly;
• Resolve their responsible ministry problems, especially interpersonal problems in early stage as possible;
• Build up their leadership role in personal and fellowship levels;
Lead Fellowship (Ezekiel):
• Set new year vision for the Mandarin ministry fist reviewed by MMC by the end of Oct. each year;
• Compile annual ministry calendar and distribute them by the end of Nov. each year;
• Complete annual fellowship budget;
• Host Monthly committee prayer meeting;
• Provide bi-monthly small group leaders (with family) spiritual formation;
• Attend fellowship and small group gatherings;
• Caring members within fellowship through visitations;
• Encourage small group to do missional outreach align with church PEACE mandate.
Assist Cultivation Department(s):
• Provide spiritual guidance to the committee;
• Assist department to make annual plan and other operational plan;
• Oversee New Life Sunday school class and associated new believers follow-up;
• Oversee Four-bases of discipleship development system;
• Oversee and coordinate Sunday school department;
• Oversee and coordinate weekdays Bible study classes;
• Organize big departmental events.
• Prayerful person;
• M.Div. Pastoral major from Evangelical seminary;
• Successful with 5 years North American Mandarin church pastoral experience (much preferred with bi-lingual church pastoral experience);
• Fluent in Mandarin and fair English communication skills;
• Strong in leadership;
• Solid in theology and discipleship;
• Great in interpersonal skills / approachable;
• Strong in family /marital life.
Besides Tuesday to Friday 9 to 5 office duties, flexible hours of hospital and home visits are required. This post also requires some late evening meetings and weekend fellowships or small group visits. Work from home situation can be arranged.
Good health is expected for uninterrupted and demanding leadership and longevity in ministry. Annual physical check up is expected.
Direct report to Mandarin PIC.
Paul Ting, Executive Pastor
Date approved: March 8, 2018
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 5081 ]