Children's Ministry Director
Children's Ministry Director
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia , V3B 7M6
Riverside Community Church is looking for a Children’s Ministry Director who is passionate, enthusiastic, and highly motivated to serve as a staff member within a vibrant congregation, working with committed staff and gifted leadership, to nurture to children, from birth through 5th grade and their family, in the love and grace of Jesus Christ. The role of the Children’s Ministry Director is to provide vision, leadership, encouragement, and direction for the Children’s Ministry volunteer programming teams. The Children’s Director will work closely with the Children’s Ministry Manager to develop and implement programming for the spiritual formation of the children. The Ministry offers full children’s programming for two services on Sunday mornings and events and activities throughout the year.
1. Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. A desire to teach and mentor children with patience and an accepting heart.
3. Previous Children’s Ministry experience.
4. Have an educational background in Christian Ministries, Biblical Studies, or a related field.
JOB DUTIES: Not limited to
● Carry out the vision of Riverside Community Church by providing vision, direction and oversight for Children’s Ministry.
● Recruit, train, equip, communicate and pray with coordinators, teachers and volunteers of the Nursery, Preschool and Elementary Children’s departments.
● Prepare curriculum for the preschool and Children’s departments.
● Develop an operations manual that provides a plan, direction and guidelines for all 3 areas of the Children’s Ministry
● Oversee the Worship department for Children’s Ministries
● Partner with the Manager of Children’s Ministries to strategize / plan weekly operations, summer programs & oversee student intern programs for Children’s Ministries.
● Know and understand the ministry’s budget
● Maintain the ministry’s content on website and deliver marketing and communication pieces
GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
Ø Must love children and be able to interact with ages 0-12years
Ø Be able to transmit leadership & passion to those in Children’s Ministries. To recognize those with leadership potential and empower them to grow.
Ø Be an innovative leader, to form a complete vision around a new idea—or even a new version of an old idea
Ø Strive for excellence; work with a positive attitude in an all-encompassing team environment.
Ø Be a strategic leader who can deal with short-term challenges while meeting long-term goals
Ø Be able to communicate clearly and regularly with parents and develop a trusting relationship with them
Ø Communicate regularly via email, face to face, texting and phone calls with all team members including church and ministry requests within a 24 hour response time
Ø Exhibit grace under pressure, not be afraid to problem solve or make difficult (or sometimes unpopular) decisions to secure a good outcome.
Ø Have a working understanding of how to use social media as a marketing tool to promote ministry programs / events and grow attendance.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume, along with a cover letter, to Erin Moore, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 30, 2018.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 5089 ]