Vancouver, British Columbia , V5K 3V2
Part-time: 10 - 15 hours/week to start, Salary: $15 / hr to start, Post until position is filled
Youth Ministry Mission Statement
In partnership with the covenant body, youth ministry exists to support and nurture youth in cultivating a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, each other, and community by providing opportunities for the youth to be challenged to grow their faith, as well as discover and utilize their gifts in service that is directed at positively impacting the church family and community and glorifying our triune God.
Youth Pastor Job Description
Mandate and Purpose
With a covenantal objective to assist youth in discovering and professing their faith in Jesus Christ, the Youth Pastor’s primary purpose in ministry is to disciple youth and young adults into a closer relationship with God by providing relational leadership in developing and directing youth ministry program.
The Youth Pastor is accountable to the Pastor and WMBC Leadership Team.
Areas of Responsibilities
The Youth Pastor is responsible to ensure the following programs and activities are delivered:
- Continuing Education – develop well balanced biblical instruction and program designed to lead youth and young adults to a closer relationship with our triune God and gain a greater understanding of who we are, what we believe and how we approach ministry as outlined in the Canadian Baptist of Western Canada’s (CBWC) statement of faith.
- Regular Youth and Young Adult Activities – working together with volunteers to develop activities, events and service opportunities that foster sense of community and fellowship.
- Outreach, Mission and Service Events – with the current outreach program, identify and develop opportunities outside of planned events that are specifically focused on serving the needs of the community.
- Relational – responsible to regularly visit with, pray for, encourage, and support youth and young adults throughout their daily walk; always working to develop individual relationships with as many youth and young adults as possible.
- Mentorship Program – a ministry formed to create opportunities for young adults to mentor youth by guiding and instructing them in order to help youth understand their place in the church and the world.
- Regularly attends Sunday services and church wide events for building and maintaining connections with the youth and congregation at large.
- Attends monthly Leadership Team meetings.
Connecting to Church and Community
- Be an informed and relevant resource to the congregation and parents regarding youth issues and concerns by being up to date and aware of trends, changes and potential pressures and fears related to social media, bullying, teen suicide, addictions, etc.
- Be a voice for youth to help the church body understand this generation and youth ministry and its important place in the ministry landscape.
- Pray for youth ministries, our youth, young adults, parents and others who support the delivery youth ministry.
- Participate and support youth events within the local community – i.e. Chapel, EVYN, Youth Alpha, etc.
- Reach out through innovative ways to the youth of our community.
- Together with the Pastor and Leadership Team, develop specific and strategic youth ministry goals and objectives annually.
Training and Personal Development
- Allocate time for prayer and spiritual growth.
- Attend seminars and conferences, etc.
- Spiritually, he/she must be a professing believer who walks daily with the Lord and is an example to others.
- Must accept the Bible as the infallible word; the full and complete revelation of God.
- Must be in agreement of the statement of faith and the creeds of the CBWC and will become a member of WMBC.
- Education: completion or in the process of completing a theological degree (or further training in pastoral ministry).
- Capable of creating and executing a long term vision for youth ministry and integrate young people into church life.
- Loves young people, must have confidence in God’s calling to this ministry.
- Must display an ability to work with youth and young adults of diverse ethnic/cultural backgrounds,
- References will be requested later in the selection process. Must be willing to undergo a mandatory background check.
If you are interested please send your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 5104 ]