St. Catharines, Ontario , L2R 6P9
Bethany Community Church in St. Catharines, ON is seeking to hire a full-time Executive Pastor. The Executive Pastor will work closely with and report to the Lead Pastor and will give primary leadership to staff, ministries, finances and facilities. The successful candidate to this role will have both a capable business skill set, as well as a strong desire to serve in a pastoral role.
The start date is flexible to accommodate the hiring and transition process. This job posting is initially open until Sun Apr 22, 11:59 pm.
Interested candidates may respond to this posting by forwarding resumes with references and a cover letter to the attention of Kathryn Jehan at firstname.lastname@example.org. A short list of candidates will be determined and those receiving interviews will be contacted.
1. To support the Lead Pastor, this includes:
- Dialoguing with the Lead Pastor concerning the vision and how we might implement that vision here.
- Sharing feedback on the overall health of the finances, facilities, risk management, staff and church as a whole.
- Working in tandem with the Lead Pastor by giving primary oversight to the staff, finances, facilities and ministries within the church to enable the Lead Pastor to focus on vision, leadership and teaching.
2. To develop the staff at Bethany Community Church, this includes:
- The management of human resources within the staff, including performance reviews, hiring, policies and procedures, health and safety, etc.
- The development of staffing plans for persons and ministries that are aligned with the vision of Bethany Community Church.
- The development of our organizational structure, aligned toward vision and our organizational culture.
3. To oversee all the ministries here at Bethany Community Church, this includes:
- Increasing the impact of the ministries and ensuring alignment with the vision across Bethany Community Church.
- Resourcing and developing our key ministries.
- Working with our staff/key volunteers to ensure our ministries are developing and deepening.
4. To manage the finances at Bethany Community Church, this includes:
- Developing and maintaining the budgets here at Bethany Community Church.
- Reviewing, analyzing and providing support for our giving trends and how to increase our financial base to further our vision.
- Develop long-term financial plans based on the vision.
5. To oversee the facilities at Bethany Community Church, this includes:
- Ensuring the facilities are well maintained and positioned for growth.
Core Role Qualifications:
- To be a passionate follower of Jesus Christ, who wants to jump in with what God is doing here at Bethany Community Church.
- To have a demonstrated ability to implement and execute tactical plans and change in a large organization (church or business).
- To have a demonstrated heart, experience with and deep understanding of ministry.
- To have a strong organizational background that encompasses business, HR, finances, risk management, health and safety, and organizational development.
- To want to be in the second chair, with a passionate desire to serve.
- To be comfortable in the role of change agent with the willingness and skill to enter into difficult conversations full of love and compassion.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with post-graduate degrees preferred in business or related fields.
- Minimum of eight years leadership and management experience within a business or large church setting.
- Business experience combined with pastoral experience is preferred.
- The start date is negotiable and may be contingent upon the number of applications received and the length of time required for the interview process.
- The successful candidate must have a current Police Check, including vulnerable sector on file at Bethany prior to commencing employment.
- Bethany Community Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Salary will be based upon a minimum of 40 hours, expressed as an hourly rate and will be included in the contract offer based upon experience and qualifications.
Please visit bethanycc.ca/careers to view the full job posting, including a full job description.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 5130 ]