Toronto, Ontario , M9V 4R9
Humberlea Worship Centre seeks to fill the exciting opportunity of part-time Worship Director with the ability to grow into a full-time position.
Who We Are and What We Value:
Humberlea Worship Centre was established in the Greater Toronto Area more than 50 years ago. We have nearly 500 members and growing. We are a multi-cultural and multi-generational Church Family with a heart after God to pursue all He has for us. Our vision is to Gather, Grow and Go. Through sound teaching, Worship and fellowship, we strive to create a warm and welcoming environment that both draws in first time visitors and keeps them coming back. We deliberately invest in our Church Family and provide opportunities and space for all of us to work out and exercise our giftings.
In consultation with the Lead Pastor and other team members, key objective is to develop and grow the worship music ministry consistent with God’s Heart, our mission, values, and theology. The Worship Director is a strategic leader with accountability for all aspects worship ministry at Humberlea Worship Centre. From planning to delivering a world-class worship experience, the Worship Director has a desire to see grow both ministry and the individuals around him/her. The Worship Director is in touch with the vision of Humberlea Worship Centre and in mindful of the multi-cultural and multi-generational dynamic every Sunday represents. This Worship Director exudes passion for worship and honours every other contributing factor that ensures a strong experience for attendees on a Sunday.
Who we are looking for:
- A self-motivated and creative leader who is willing to go the extra mile.
- A leader who strategically and intentionally develops and encourages those around them.
- Influential leadership style to direct and guide the area of worship
- Evidence of a passionate desire to draw everyone into the presence of God through Worship.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Maintains a strong prayer base for the worship ministry.
- Actively participates in the life and ministry of the church.
- Prayerfully considers plans then applies hard work to bring our best through every ministry.
- Honour the truth of the Word of God
- Creativity in the worship service that encourages the expression of individual talents
- Considers Tithe and Offering as an active form of worship by which we confirm our covenant with God
- A Leader who commits to maturity, ministry & missions as per our Church’s Commitments
- Provides Vision and Leadership and vision in the overall area of worship ministry
- Coordinates with the Lead Pastor to plan, prepare and participate in a vibrant and engaging Sunday worship service.
- Join in staff meetings to provide updates and to assist with Church-wide undertakings as assigned.
- Supports all contributing factors that lend to a strong worship experience like sound and media
Administration - Organization is a key component that will reflect in communication and clarity.
Coordination - of worship teams for the Sunday worship service, organizing vocal and musicians
Support and participation – for the function of worship for ministry-specific events like Youth Nights, Men and Women’s Ministry. Outreach, missions etc.
Development and support - support the function of worship during special events like Easter, New Years, Christmas etc.
Multi-faceted - Ability to lead Worship both musically and vocally and possess the ability to train others individually and as a team of worshippers.
Leadership Development – Intentional and planned investment in the teams being served
Team-Building and Collaboration – build out multiple strong teams and have a pipeline with younger talent.
Lead by Example – demonstrates a lifestyle of worship.
Creative Arts – support various worship forms and coordinate its implementation.
Overall Church Community Involvement - participating as a member in leading the congregation.
Positive Disposition - Maintain a positive attitude and reflect the fruit of a life lived with Christ as Lord
Preferred Experience Qualifications:
- Instrumental proficiency with Guitar and keyboard
- Experience with a wide range of music styles including a few hymns, with a key focus on contemporary music. (Bethel, Jesus Culture, Hillsong)
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians and technical team members.
- Has demonstrated to the ability to be a team player with staff and congregation and demonstrates commitment to the Church vision and leadership
- Formal music training preferred but not absolutely required
- Theological studies preferred but not absolutely required
Pay Scale: Commensurate to experience
Next Steps: If you excited to submit your candidacy for this role, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications will be accepted until May 31st 2018. All applicants being considered will be contacted by email.
Humberlea Worship Centre does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, nationality, disability, gender, or age. Disability accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 5144 ]