Summer Intern (Paid)
Summer Intern (Paid)
Stouffville, Ontario , L4A 8C1
Do you like talking on the phone? Are you a whiz on computers? Are you available for part-time (12 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.), and some full-time hours during the summer months? This job is ideal for a university student who wishes to gain experience in an office and contribute their excellent computer and English skills to a busy office environment.
The Summer Intern provides first contact on the phone and front office interaction with clients does data entry and database clean-up and other duties as assigned.
- Answers phones in a friendly and professional manner - primary
- Provides administrative support to the staff - primary
- Sends, receives and processes mail and packages - primary
- Maintains inventory of print material and office supplies - primary
- Data Entry, Clean-up complying with CASL - primary
- Filing, photocopying, faxing and scanning of documents - primary
- Provides first contact customer service, order desk - primary
- Responsible for helping to keep front office tidy and presentable for clients - primary
- Assists with proofreading – primary
- Assists with Social Media - secondary
- Works to sell product and services, meeting monthly targets – a team effort
- Responds to client inquiries in a timely manner - secondary
- Participates in research - secondary
- Assists as needed with Website updates - secondary
- Complies with company policies – team responsibility
- Attends staff meetings and/or regional meetings – team responsibility
- Other duties as assigned
- Grade 11 or higher
- Strong computer skills – Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Database Experience
- Friendly and articulate
- Commitment to a high standard of abuse prevention and protection
- Fluency in English both written and oral is essential.
- French would be a tremendous asset
- Strong written communication skills, with excellent typing and grammar
- Strong administrative skills
- Detail oriented.
- Team player
- Outgoing, persuasive, success-oriented personality.
- Sales experience an asset
This is a paid summer internship position that has been set as a minimum wage, part-time, contract role from April 26 - September 1.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 5165 ]